24 Hours of Dizzy

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

24 Hours of Dizzy

Post by RoseTintedSpectrum »

Hullo folks,

Just wanted to drop in to notify folk of the 24 Hours of Dizzy event I'll be hosting this coming weekend (Saturday and Sunday) - it'll be streamed over on Twitch and I'll be attempting (no doubt very poorly) to complete as many Dizzy games as possible. There's a whole host of guests involved, including the Oliver Twins themselves, and a huge heap of ridiculously good prizes - including the reproduced ZX Spectrum you may have seen from Lost Retro Tapes.

We're raising money for Great Ormond Street Hospital, but whether you can donate or not, it doesn't matter - sharing and supporting and whatever else you can do to hopefully bring that donation total up to the £5k target is the important thing.

For full details, I've a video here listing the guests and prizes (there's also a list of these in the description of the video).

Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Re: 24 Hours of Dizzy

Post by stupidget »

I watch your videos, which are incredibly entertaining, and I will also be giving to your chosen charity. But, for the love of Clive, why the fecking sh1te would you but yourself through 24hrs of egg based misery!!!?? That smug faced germ cell is the epitome of annoying. The way that it bobs up and down is like some infuriating, attention grabbing infant who’s been knecking’ buckets of sugar and annoys me more than the fake Italian chef who burgled and threatened the wife of Paul Young (yes kids Gino De’Campo burgled Paul Youngs house and terrorised his wife!!). Can’t you just play Jack and the Beanstalk for 24hrs instead?
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

stupidget wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:48 am I watch your videos, which are incredibly entertaining, and I will also be giving to your chosen charity. But, for the love of Clive, why the fecking sh1te would you but yourself through 24hrs of egg based misery!!!?? That smug faced germ cell is the epitome of annoying. The way that it bobs up and down is like some infuriating, attention grabbing infant who’s been knecking’ buckets of sugar and annoys me more than the fake Italian chef who burgled and threatened the wife of Paul Young (yes kids Gino De’Campo burgled Paul Youngs house and terrorised his wife!!). Can’t you just play Jack and the Beanstalk for 24hrs instead?
You should know by now that I only ever put myself through abject misery :D
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

I echo the sentiment brought forth by stupidget! I never liked that bloody egg, give me a Kinder Egg instead. If I were in your shoes, I'd feel much more comfortable spending those 24 hours with Boy Wander, Einstein and Angelface, for example. Thinking of it, I'm sure it will not be possible to survive a 24 hour game of Skool Daze even if you follow the rules to the letter and don't even try to finish it. Certainly Einstein is gonna tell on you and you'll get lines for things you haven't done.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Wow. True Dizzy fan here, some amazing guests, and what a great cause! Thanks for doing this.

I had no idea there was such a tragic story behind this fund-raising incentive. My absolute condolences to Mike Richmond and family. I only knew his awesome music from Mega Manic Mulholland. I did not know he lost his 13-year-old daughter last year.

There really are no words! :( :( :(
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ta for the heads up. I'll be donating and popping along to watch. I'm a fan of the Dizzy games and there are surely enough to keep you going. Having said that, I think you're a pervert.
adam
Drutt

Post by adam »

I love Dizzy. Great memories of my youth figuring through the games with my cousin, whom I never see anymore.

I'll be watching when I can, but somehow my weekends are busier than my midweeks.
Timmy
Manic Miner

Post by Timmy »

I live overseas so I can't help you much.

Is there a link to the stream somewhere? I might have some time this weekend to watch a bit.

Good luck with your charity stream!
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

Timmy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:15 pm I live overseas so I can't help you much.

Is there a link to the stream somewhere? I might have some time this weekend to watch a bit.

Good luck with your charity stream!
It'll be streamed over on twitch, so: www.twitch.com/rosetintedspectrum
Wall_Axe
Manic Miner

Post by Wall_Axe »

Ey, I'll pop in n take a look lad.
Don't know why I'm posting in a northern accent.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

And the guest list is now fully confirmed

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks @RoseTintedSpectrum,

I will add a reminder via our banner manager on Friday. It's a fantastic cause.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

RoseTintedSpectrum wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:17 pm And the guest list is now fully confirmed
That's a great lineup. We'll be on hand to keep you company and maybe provide some game POKEs if needed.

Salad bowls (or was it a colander?) on heads ready for the Saturday 1pm slot :mrgreen:
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

R-Tape wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:53 pm That's a great lineup. We'll be on hand to keep you company and maybe provide some game POKEs if needed.

Salad bowls (or was it a colander?) on heads ready for the Saturday 1pm slot :mrgreen:
So long as he doesn't start singing again I should be fine.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Most egg-cellent!

I'm not familiar with Twitch. Will I need an account to tune in? Is there a way of saying hi or leaving comments? Will the videos be available to re-play after the event?
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

Lee Bee wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:45 pm Most egg-cellent!

I'm not familiar with Twitch. Will I need an account to tune in? Is there a way of saying hi or leaving comments? Will the videos be available to re-play after the event?
I'm pretty sure you'll need an account (you can sign up for free though, and it's easy enough to set up). When on stream you can send messages and I'll be reading those out as best I can as I attempt to stop rolling off the edge of a platform, and the VOD of the entire stream should be backed up on Twitch to watch for a week or two (I think that's the default before they delete them).
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Good luck tomorrow matey. Will be checking in when I can :–)

I suggest egg and soldiers for breakfast.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

If you login before 14:00 GMT you can catch @WhatHoSnorkers dressed up as DIzzy (apparently). Yes, those are oven gloves!

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Phillip Oliver's on!
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Hope the weekend is going well. I tried my absolute best several times today but couldn't get the Twitch website to work on my browser (Firefox). Adverts play but the live stream doesn't. I suspect Zaks is somehow to blame. Sorry, chaps. I'm with you in spirit!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Lee Bee wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:13 pm Hope the weekend is going well. I tried my absolute best several times today but couldn't get the Twitch website to work on my browser (Firefox). Adverts play but the live stream doesn't. I suspect Zaks is somehow to blame. Sorry, chaps. I'm with you in spirit!
I don't know about Firefox, but with Chrome you have to watch one advert to completion then it lets you through, though Zaks is never up to any good so happy to blame him too!

I'm well impressed by the prizes - no casts off or anything. Just to name a few, so far there's been a Speccy, a DivMMC, and there's a recreated Spectrum in the offing tomorrow.
WhatHoSnorkers
Manic Miner

Post by WhatHoSnorkers »

Philip Oliver was delightful! Looking forward to more fun tomorrow!
I have a little YouTube channel of nonsense
https://www.youtube.com/c/JamesOGradyWhatHoSnorkers
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

WhatHoSnorkers wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:44 pm Philip Oliver was delightful! Looking forward to more fun tomorrow!
He was ace - affable and likeable of course, but I especially liked the candid coder truths: e.g. things weren't quite as rock-n-roll as the mags led us to believe, and the practicalities of how to handle bugs discovered the day before the master tape is due to be sent! ;)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

PeterJ wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:29 pm Image
I missed the early affa slot. What was the AI prompt for this? It can't be real.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

Thank you all so much for the support, over £4k raised for GOSH and I couldn't be happier.

@R-Tape - I believe you won Jay's Mystery Box (that was only sort of a mystery) - DM me your address and I'll pass it on to him for you!