24 Hours of Dizzy

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Re: 24 Hours of Dizzy

Post by PeteProdge »

Thanks so much for a very entertaining marathon of a game franchise that you're honest to admit you're not too keen on! And I was there for you falling in the lava as you almost finished a game (I forget which, it feels like there are 827,127 Dizzy games.)

I didn't/couldn't watch all of it, but dipped in and out all weekend, really enjoyed the Oliver Twin I saw, Violet Berlin and Ashens.

Oh yeah, and I'm still editing that video I filmed over in Blackpool last month where I quizzed you on magazine covertapes!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

Post by RoseTintedSpectrum »

PeteProdge wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:12 am Thanks so much for a very entertaining marathon of a game franchise that you're honest to admit you're not too keen on! And I was there for you falling in the lava as you almost finished a game (I forget which, it feels like there are 827,127 Dizzy games.)

I didn't/couldn't watch all of it, but dipped in and out all weekend, really enjoyed the Oliver Twin I saw, Violet Berlin and Ashens.

Oh yeah, and I'm still editing that video I filmed over in Blackpool last month where I quizzed you on magazine covertapes!
I will never live that final death jump down. It is stained on me forever.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

RoseTintedSpectrum wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:59 am @R-Tape - I believe you won Jay's Mystery Box (that was only sort of a mystery) - DM me your address and I'll pass it on to him for you!
Yep that was me. I remember it had Speccy games in it. I've sent you a PM (ignore my email yesterday - I put the wrong postcode in).

That was the best yet - amazing guests and prizes. As painful as it was, it was more entertaining that Magicland Dizzy ended the way it did.

Congrats on the stream and the money raised. It's a reminder for me to reaffirm my donor status.
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

Congratulations @RoseTintedSpectrum! I didn't manage to see quite all 24 hours, but I was greatly entertained by you and your guests (and their Special Cheeses). :dance

Love to the Richmonds, and a big well done to you Rosie.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

flatduckrecords wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:27 am Congratulations @RoseTintedSpectrum! I didn't manage to see quite all 24 hours, but I was greatly entertained by you and your guests (and their Special Cheeses). :dance

Love to the Richmonds, and a big well done to you Rosie.
Thanks @flatduckrecords! I will DM you your winning codes.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Does anyone have a link I can use to make a donation?
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

The Richmonds are in my prayers. RIP little Aurora.
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

stupidget wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:22 am Does anyone have a link I can use to make a donation?
https://donate.tiltify.com/@rosetinteds ... y-for-gosh
Timmy
Manic Miner

Post by Timmy »

Thanks for the nice stream. It was nice to chat about dizzy, and I remember now why I used save states and pokes for them.

And as for the lava jump (I saw that live too), technically you still completed the game right? :)

Also I have bookmarked the clip made by @WhatHoSnorkers, so if you ever* need it just let me know. :)

*) I said "ever" but I'll probably not store it for very long.
WhatHoSnorkers
Manic Miner

Post by WhatHoSnorkers »

If only we could turn that clip into a T-shirt for Rosie to wear.

It was bound to happen considering how close he was to the end. He couldn't have done anything that brought more joy to the chat than that!
I have a little YouTube channel of nonsense
https://www.youtube.com/c/JamesOGradyWhatHoSnorkers
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

WhatHoSnorkers wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:14 pm If only we could turn that clip into a T-shirt for Rosie to wear.
If you save a handful of 'key' frames from that moment, and show them as a 'comic strip' of images, it'll be the best way to convey video action in a static medium.

As one of the people who saw it happen and even though I am terrible at the Dizzy games, even I recognised the jump was not going to get across. That's not to say I'd have got that far without a POKE, walkthrough or other kind of cheat.

Let's immortalise it!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

PeteProdge wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:24 pm If you save a handful of 'key' frames from that moment, and show them as a 'comic strip' of images, it'll be the best way to convey video action in a static medium.
He held in head in his hand so long you'll have no trouble getting the last frame! I remember it happening as Yolkfolk typed "It's the last jump of the game".
the jump was not going to get across.
I thought the same too: he looks a bit far back for that...
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

Daveysloan
Manic Miner

Post by Daveysloan »

Haha amazing!

What a fantastic stream, it kept me entertained pretty much all day on Sunday, fantastic guests & great chat. A Herculean effort keeping everything going for the whole weekend!

It was a bit frustrating that the video feed was about a minute behind chat for me, so I knew the Lava was coming up before it did...but still, that was heart-breaking, I'd still say that was a completed game, just maybe the "bad ending" or something, an eggy sacrifice for the greater good.

All in all the main thing was that a LOT of money was raised for a very worthwhile cause, lovely stuff.