For Sale: Limited number of populated OqtaDrive Standalone v1.2b boards

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
8BitSC
Microbot

For Sale: Limited number of populated OqtaDrive Standalone v1.2b boards

Post by 8BitSC »

It seems you can't order a single PCB from the manufacturers and having completed my own OqtaDrive, I found I had a number of PCBS left over, so I bought enough parts to build the remaining boards.

If it weren't for the fact OqtaDrive already emulates 8 drives, I'd keep all 8 for myself and daisy-chain them just for the heck of it, but that'd just be greedy of me and I like to share, so...

I currently have to offer, 8 of @TomD's excellent OqtaDrive Standalone v1.2 boards, complete with all passives, transistor, regulator, motor and connectors pre-soldered.

The board includes a genuine Traco TSR 1-2450 switching regulator and Adafruit 1201 motor.

All connectors have been sourced, moulded end-to-end to the correct lengths. No scruffy off-cuts.

Requires only TWO, PLUG-IN COMPONENTS plus an [optional: but then, why wouldn't you put this in a] case to make a complete, fully-functioning OqtaDrive Standalone unit.

No further soldering is required.

You will need:

1. A Raspberry Pi ZeroWH or Zero 2H (recommended). OqtaDrive board REQUIRES Wi-Fi and Headers; plus a MicroSD card to hold the OS.

Even though Pi Zeros are regularly now back in-stock at official suppliers, I cannot purchase more than one at a time from any given supplier.

2. An Arduino Nano.

A GENUINE Arduino Nano [A000005] is preferrred (currently £21 from Amazon UK), though I've found at least one clone (pictured) available for £6, also on Amazon UK which functions perfectly as a drop-in replacement.

You will probaly want to drop the board into a case.

Tom's board wlll fit into a genuine Microdrive case or one of the remoulded cases sold by the likes of ZXRenew.

Alernatively, Tom has provided a really neat 3D-printable option:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4917845

If using an OEM or remoulded case, this handy 3D-printable port cover designed by Tom makes the whole thing look nice and tidy: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4919744

Here is what you'll receive.

Here is what you will need to supply to have a complete, functioning OqtaDrive.

Unit price: GBP £45 plus tracked postage

Please DM me if interested.

Also, please bear in mind I have only EIGHT of these units to offer, so I'm limiting them to one per person. If anyone is going to have more than one of these, it's ME.

All boards will be tested before posting.

Any units remaining will be sold on the popular online auction site.

Please note I'm building these to order from my limited available stock and can only post at weekends.

Further details on OqtaDrive can be found here:
https://oqtadrive.org/

Thanks to @TomD for designing his excellent OqtaDrive PCBs and giving me the okay to sell my remaining boards here.