Stereogram Demo

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Stereogram Demo

Post by Andre Leao »

Interesting demo from Zé Oliveira (Zarsoft)... :)

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... -demo.html

PROCESSED
DH 09/11/23
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Re: Stereogram Demo

Post by Mpk »

NSFW! You'll go blind.
In more ways than one.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Mpk wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:41 pm NSFW!
An important warning, because the next time your boss walks past your desk, and decides to randomly lean over and stare at your screen from a normal viewing distance, then slowly puts his eyes out of focus and spends a few minutes trying to work out what the image is, your career will be over in a flash. Not because he's offended by the sight of a vague silhouette of a woman who may or may not be nude, but because you shouldn't be playing games at work :lol:
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

Documentary footage ( also vaguely NSFW ) :
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Where's the saucy lady!!!??? When I adjust my eyes I see a square hole then below that a floating square. No smutty content for me :cry:
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

stupidget wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:18 am Where's the saucy lady!!!??? When I adjust my eyes I see a square hole then below that a floating square. No smutty content for me :cry:
There's a whole bunch of images. Press space to move along.

I never usually get these Magic-Eye things to work, but these were super quick and clear to me for some reason.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

I've found magic eye images easier the more my eyesight deteriorates..!
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Morkin wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:24 pm I've found magic eye images easier the more my eyesight deteriorates..!
Yeah, when Magic Eye books first came out I was a teenager and simply could not do them, my eyes could not look beyond the image into the distance. Now it's a struggle to get my eyes to STOP looking beyond things into the distance.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

stupidget wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:18 am Where's the saucy lady!!!??? When I adjust my eyes I see a square hole then below that a floating square. No smutty content for me :cry:
There’s a couple. Their sauciness, however, will be determined by the jury of their peers.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Oh my!! :oops: :oops:
+3code
Manic Miner

Post by +3code »

I've never been able to see nothing in these images. I hated the Magic Eye books fad.
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

I can usually do it the “cross-eyed” way (what this program refers to focusing in front of the image) but that tends to invert the 3D effect so everything looks inside-out.

I’ve never seen Magic Eye pictures presented with the focusing lines though, that’s a neat idea.

My usual “trick” is to look for a pair of obviously repeating points* in the image and go cross-eyed so they merge together. When that “snaps” into focus (that’s the difficult bit; holding your gaze in position but relaxing enough to allow your eyes to focus) you can see the 3D pic (albeit inside-outy). I think the lines make that a bit easier. I find the “focusing behind the image” method much much more difficult though.

* fnar fnar! but no, not like that. A couple of bright spots or something that’s easy to recognise until your eyes refocus.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Have you got Lenslok Safeview™ enabled?

(I haven't managed to see them yet either!)
PROSM
Manic Miner

Post by PROSM »

For those of us with eyes which can't/won't defocus properly, there's a Javascript tool that lets you simulate the viewing experience here:

https://piellardj.github.io/stereogram-solver/

Obviously, you can't get the 3D effect this way, but you can get a sense of the image's depth by tweaking the displacement slider and seeing which parts change colour.

Now if only I could do it for real... :(
All software to-date
Working on something, as always.
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

the boobs!
C.Born
Manic Miner

Post by C.Born »

very very cool

i did not see all picture but the dept on the spaceshuttle type is a front wing and a back wing with a canyon type off lower space and left a higher rank maybe rock?

i wondered 10-15 years ago if it was possible on zx and i think there are even more. I still have no clue HOW to make then but you prove it!
i use RVM on big screen. i think there is some "disturbtion" on vertical level bywich its more difficult to un-focus
and , sorry about the 'complaint; perhaps if you use a PRINT INK0 PAPER0 ;AT 0,0; then the screen won't move UP and then the NEXT picture might be a bit easier to unfocus on . but maybe thats me.
its cool!
C.Born
Manic Miner

Post by C.Born »

+3code wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:07 pm I've never been able to see nothing in these images. I hated the Magic Eye books fad.
try not to look AT the picture ,
i guess thats been said before, maybe even many times
its a natural reflex off your eye to focus on what you see or think to see
one off the pictures has a bit off a face on a ball and i cant 'lose' that face so my eyes keep focusing on it
its as if a masked bandit stares back...but that is the real picture off pixels ON that figurative 'ball' FORM
its not a picture its a shade

put you screen at large and forget you watch it while you stare and gase on nothing at all
C.Born
Manic Miner

Post by C.Born »

here is a complete website for building
then you can see what is suposed to "show" up

https://easystereogrambuilder.com/

and this one explains a bit
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easystere ... magic-eye/

oja

my eyes are 'uneven' in -minuis strength, -4.25 and -5.00
if your difference between the eye is big it gets more difficult i think
succes
have fun
+3code
Manic Miner

Post by +3code »

C.Born wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:30 pm try not to look AT the picture ,
Thanks, I've tried it many times and all I get is going cross-eyed :D I prefer the typical red-blue anaglyphs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_3D)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I used to be able to see them, after a bit of effort, but not any more it seems. Thanks for the cheat viewer :dance
Mpk wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:41 pm NSFW!
Nah it's safe - she's wearing an ostrich feather.
C.Born
Manic Miner

Post by C.Born »

+3code wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:48 pm Thanks, I've tried it many times and all I get is going cross-eyed :D I prefer the typical red-blue anaglyphs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_3D)
cross eyed is GOOD and then let it relax and avoid looking at ANY pixel, just forget about it.
but ok,
those 3d glasses are intressting aswell, somewhere in a drawer i should have a "stick on you glasses pair off glasses" with that effect, now to find them back.
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

Some of those were great, the space shuttle and the butterfly particularly. As for the saucy pictures I was just reading the articles, honest.