New loading screens by Neil Parsons

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

New loading screens by Neil Parsons

Post by Neil Parsons »

Hi. I suppose I'm in the right forum to share my pixel-art compositions, after a long time being a SC member.

In the beginning, I had the chance to get OCP's Art Studio and manage myself to learn how to design a screen$ between 1988 and 1990. A fruit of my own efforts are shown in the bottom of my ZX-Art portfolio (see link below)

Moreover, I had even time to experiment with tools such BMP2SCR in my early years as graphic designer during Internet-era, until I had the chance to use ZX Paintbrush since 2004 to actual days and progressing with Claus Jahn's program. In some ways, as MAC, Andy Green, Chris Graham, redballoon and other artists in recent years, for some years I was quite interested to remake or create new loading screens for a bunch of games which had a very simple loading screen design or none, just for fun most of times: Black Tiger (US Gold-Capcom), Zorro (Datasoft), Convoy Raider (Gremlin), Alien (Mind Games), Mr. Heli (Firebird) and a few more.

Even so, I created some loading screens for several Gabriele Amore videogames, as Little Dragon 2, WWI Fighting Heroes and Some Crazy Aliens and Bubble Frenzy.

My last pixel-art design has been 'Starring Charlie Chaplin' alternate loading screen. I don't expect to do more screen$ in short or for a long time, but who know?

Enjoy!

ZX-Art: https://zxart.ee/eng/authors/n/neil-parsons1/
spider
Dynamite Dan

Re: New loading screens by Neil Parsons

Post by spider »

"Impressive" :)

Thank you.
Swainy
Manic Miner

Post by Swainy »

Absolutely amazing work Neil, well done mate!
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Post by worcestersource »

I think if I’d seen some of these loading screens when I was a kid, I’d have done a little happy dance!