Trying to find old YouTube video of arcade machine restoration

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
PROSM
Manic Miner

Trying to find old YouTube video of arcade machine restoration

Post by PROSM »

I've been looking for it but can't seem to remember the title - it might not even be up anymore, but I suppose some members here might have watched it too and may have the link bookmarked.

Basically, the video was a slideshow presenting the restoration process of a Radar Scope arcade machine. The cabinet was completely refurbished: new paint, new plastic trim on the edges, new art on the sides and front, with immaculately cleaned joystick, buttons and coin mechanism. The internal electronics were replaced with a PC running MAME (I think). After the restoration slideshow, we had a minute or two of Donkey Kong gameplay, with Electric Dreams as the background music. The date at the end of the video was either 2007 or 2008, can't remember which - the upload date might be later than that though.

I know this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but maybe someone else remembers seeing this?
All software to-date
Working on something, as always.
rnhunt
Drutt

Re: Trying to find old YouTube video of arcade machine restoration

Post by rnhunt »

Not a direct answer, but lots of restoration things by Arcade Archive https://m.youtube.com/@TheArcadeArchive. That community may be able to help you? The arcade incidentally is absolutely worth a visit if passing near Stroud, and you also have RMC upstairs of course...
PROSM
Manic Miner

Re: Trying to find old YouTube video of arcade machine restoration

Post by PROSM »

Apparently I hadn't looked hard enough, as I found the video this evening:

I'm still not sure why I had such trouble searching for it earlier, but either way, I'm glad to have the link now :)

As for that channel @rnhunt, they have some interesting stuff on there, I'll have to watch their videos at some point.
All software to-date
Working on something, as always.