The best Speccy game by Ariolasoft: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by Ariolasoft: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Now on page 78 of YS #19 where there's a reference to an Ariolasoft game. Yes, that's Ariolasoft and not Areolasoft.

I make it these nine tangible ZX Spectrum games that came out under the Ariolasoft brand.

Archon
One On One
Panzadrome
Realm Of Impossibility
Skyfox
Terrors Of Trantoss, The
Think!
Toadrunner
Tujad

Have I got that right? Or wrong? Let me know before next Sunday!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by Ariolasoft: discussion

Post by worcestersource »

I’ve only played Panzadrome on that list. I don’t know if there was something I was missing as once there was a crater in the way, progress was impeded and the game became unplayable. Surprisingly, this didn’t stop me from loading it up more times than you’d think.
mausthekat
Drutt

Post by mausthekat »

worcestersource wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:03 pm I’ve only played Panzadrome on that list. I don’t know if there was something I was missing as once there was a crater in the way, progress was impeded and the game became unplayable. Surprisingly, this didn’t stop me from loading it up more times than you’d think.
Polycrete. You could repair the craters. It was still a frustrating game though.
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Post by worcestersource »

mausthekat wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:59 am Polycrete. You could repair the craters. It was still a frustrating game though.
Thanks! Is that something you started with?
Gears of Games
Drutt

Post by Gears of Games »

worcestersource wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:18 am Thanks! Is that something you started with?
I think you had to find it somewhere in a garage on the map. Bit of a pain really! It was the first thing you should go for, as I remember it. But it was still fairly easy getting stuck before you could get your hands on it! Still loved the game though! :D
mausthekat
Drutt

Post by mausthekat »

Oh, add Archon and Think! were my favorites.
Wizwords
Microbot

Post by Wizwords »

mausthekat wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:59 am Polycrete. You could repair the craters. It was still a frustrating game though.
It got into ZX Nightmares because of this
Buy my book, ZX Nightmares, here: https://fusionretrobooks.com/collection ... 8102529118
Subscribe to On The ZX Spectrum here: https://onthezxspectrum.eo.page/onthezxspectrum