Agon light 8-bit eZ80 computer running BBC BASIC

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Agon light 8-bit eZ80 computer running BBC BASIC

Post by PeterJ »

The Agon light is a eZ80 computer from Bernado Kastrup. The board has 512Kb of SRAM, and there is 128Kb of flash memory built into the eZ80. Additional storage can be added via the micro SD card connector. The Agon Light comes complete with a tweaked version of R.T.Russell’s excellent BBC Basic for Z80 on SD card. This can be configured to run on power-up for a genuine 8-bit experience, with the power of BBC Basic combined with Agon specific features: file I/O, colour graphics, sound, and access to the eZ80 GPIO ports. This is not FPGA, it's got a real eZ80 inside!

There is an updated version of BBC BASIC in the works that runs in the eZ80’s 24-bit ADL mode. This extends the memory available to BASIC from around 48K to just under 500K, and will add features from later versions of BBC BASIC in due course.

Dean Belfield has worked on the software (He also worked on BBC BASIC for the Spectrum Next)

If you are in Europe that you can buy the board from Olimex for just 50 Euros. If you are in the UK, then cheapest supplier I have found is Mouser who sells it for £46.67 + VAT

The is a introduction here, and a very detailed Wiki here.
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Re: Agon light 8-bit eZ80 computer running BBC BASIC

Post by Nitrowing »

That's a great looking machine, specs wise!
Pity I can't think of anything to do with one :?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Agon light 8-bit eZ80 computer running BBC BASIC

Post by PeterJ »

Nitrowing wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:31 pm Pity I can't think of anything to do with one :?
Christian Pinder is making a version of Elite for it. Don't know if that helps?