Memories of Firebird

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Rainbirdrich2023
Drutt

Memories of Firebird

Post by Rainbirdrich2023 »

Many years ago I worked in UK games publishing, and the first company I worked for was Telecomsoft, better known as Rainbird and Firebird/Silverbird software. In more recent times I ran a website for almost 20 years called 'The Bird Sanctuary' and I also write articles for Retro Gamer magazine.

I've recently written a book called 'Memories of Firebird', which is now available for pre-ordering via the publisher's website. It is a fully illustrated hardback book which gives a comprehensive historical account of Firebird Software, from 1984 through to 1990, covering its ownership under BT and then Microprose. It's the result of 20+ years of research, and has been a passion project of mine for the last few years. The book wouldn't have been possible without the kind and generous help I've received from so many former colleagues, developers, and fans of the label.

https://telos.co.uk/shop/other-non-fict ... rebird-hb/

The book isn't due to be published until Spring next year (2024), but if you order now, it is currently available at a discounted rate for all those early birds (excuse the pun!).

(Apologies if you have already seen the news via other social media. I'm trying to spread the word as widely as I can!)

Thanks for your time. Long live the Speccy! :D
Richard H.
Mousey
Microbot

Re: Memories of Firebird

Post by Mousey »

Excited by this and just went to pre-order but although you say hardback above, the website says paperback:

Which is it?

I was also a little put off by the £5.99 postage charge within the UK. I know this is out of your control, but seems steep compared to Bitmap Books or Read-Only Memory etc.