What games use doors like Olli & Lissa?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
marenja
Microbot

What games use doors like Olli & Lissa?

Post by marenja »

Olli & Lissa use doors to move between screens in parts 2 / 3. That is the only way to change room.
Part 2 says that Screen Movements is Flip-screen. Parts 1 & 3 have no info about Screen Movements but part 3 defininely has the same system of changing room through the doors. Part 1 is an ordinary flipscreen and you walk left-right to change screen.

Which other flipscreen games use the same door mechanics as Olli&Lissa parts 2/3 (have only doors to enter other locations)?
Which ones use both mechanics - doors and walking left-right across the screen edges (Tujad uses teleports as doors) ? Tujad is an example which is obvious teleporting rather than entering the door (because of walls moving left and right side to player). But we should know somehow that player is entering the door and not teleporting.

Which scrolling games use doors to change location? DNA warrior, Joe Blade - side scrolling games with doors to change area.

Are there any 4-way scrollin games that use doors? Front-Line uses doors but only to end level - that is not case I am looking for.
bluespikey
Manic Miner

Re: What games use doors like Olli & Lissa?

Post by bluespikey »

Booty is entirely door based.

Wally games are door and 2d flip screen.
MustardTiger
Microbot

Post by MustardTiger »

Sorcery and Sorcery+
AndyC
Dynamite Dan

Post by AndyC »

Do you mean exactly like Ollie and Lissa, where going through the door you came out of does not take you back to the screen you came from? Because I'd hope that's mercifully few.
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

If I remember rightly, in Frankie Goes To Hollywood you could only move to a different screen by going through doors (or them weird portal things).

Jack The Nipper is another example of a game that was flip-screen but you could also use doors. Ooh, and Gunfighter.
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

marenja wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:49 am Are there any 4-way scrollin games that use doors?
The Great Escape, perhaps?
toot_toot
Manic Miner

Post by toot_toot »

4-way scrolling: Gunfrite and Nightshade have door frames, but no actual physical doors.. I’m not sure if that counts. :D

Moonlight Madness, the pseudo sequel to Booty, is a flip screen game that uses doors.
marenja
Microbot

Post by marenja »

AndyC wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:11 am Do you mean exactly like Ollie and Lissa, where going through the door you came out of does not take you back to the screen you came from? Because I'd hope that's mercifully few.
No, I don't mean that strange one-way doors. I just noticed that player can only move between screens with the help of doors -- and that is the only way to leave screen.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Heartland
Oloturia
Manic Miner

Post by Oloturia »

Big Ben Strikes Again