Fairytale of new York - few notes in BEEPER?

On the creation of AY or Beeper music, including the packages used to do so.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Fairytale of new York - few notes in BEEPER?

Post by R-Tape »

I wonder if anyone with a musical ear could compose a short recognisable phrase from FTONY using BEEPER notes? Just the Durrrr-duh-duh-durrr-duh-duh-durrrr-duh-duh-durrrrr.

(RIP Shane MacGowan)
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: Fairytale of new York - few notes in BEEPER?

Post by TMD2003 »

Send me a timestamped ThemTube video and I'll get the MC BEEP sequencer out again. I am in a musical mood because I've just had a WOOT! jukebox idea that I already have a head start on and should get done by the deadline (and if I don't, I need a good kicking).
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

TMD2003 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:31 pm Send me a timestamped ThemTube video
Thanks Jim. Emailed.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

No problem doing an AY, but that's not what you're after I know.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Lee Bee wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:18 pm No problem doing an AY, but that's not what you're after I know.
Cheers Lee. I'm just after a short ditty to accompany something on Woot (which Jim is sorting) - AY would be a steamroller to crack a walnut.

But it would be cool to have an AY version out there if you're in the mood!
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:18 pm But it would be cool to have an AY version out there if you're in the mood!
I'll do a quick one this evening!
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

For short bits of music I find this site useful:

https://musescore.com/sheetmusic?text=f ... new%20york

You usually find lots of user-contributed versions of music scores, varying in complexity from simple one-note-at-a-time melodies to multiple part scores. Even without signing up you can usually see enough notes on a single page of a simple version of a tune to program something in Beepola or just convert the notes to BEEPs. Although I did just sign up for a year at the cheapest option only for them to immediately have a crackdown and delete anything based on John Williams themes!

But you can then download into the free notator software from https://musescore.org/en and transpose tunes up or down a few semitones. I was surprised to find shifting a whole tune up or down a note doesn't actually change it much; it's very handy for adapting a piece for a different player or instrument. I find it particularly handy to always switch the key to 'C', which means all the '#' signs at the start of each line disappear and each sharp or flat note gets individually marked. I'm notably crap at anything musical so this is probably remedial-level sh*t, but I can get buy on it.

Also:
https://www.musicnotes.com/search/go?w= ... f+new+york