2023 Game of The Year : Round One voting

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.

Choose your favourite 5 games from Round One of Game of The Year 2023

Poll ended at Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:24 pm

La Tormenta
3%
ZX Snake
1%
One Line Snake
1%
LASKA Piję Activię
1%
Znake
No votes
Cracky
6%
Tetris4px
No votes
Storm Over Valhalla
8%
Stron 2023
2%
Baby-man Vs Man-baby ZX
4%
Super Bomberman 2 Remix
13%
Batalla Espacial
1%
Winter Wonder Worm
5%
Fallout ZX
No votes
Bomber Pengo
10%
SJOE
4%
Porompom Pong
1%
WiLLY iN ThE MiRRoRVeRSE
1%
Ganimedes
1%
Chemi Chaos
5%
ZXGFX #6
4%
Ramire the Vampire and the Mystery of the Papyrus
8%
Clash of Tanks
No votes
Wycheweald
19%
Asteroids
No votes
Kuatris
1%
Rychlé šípy - Tajemství Velkého Vonta
1%
Bratrstvo kočičí pracky
1%
Ikarie XB 1
1%

Total votes: 108

Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Re: 2023 Game of The Year : Round One voting

Post by Mpk »

And group one is done!

Moving forward to the final are :

Wycheweald, with 21 votes.
Super Bomberman 2 Remix with 14
Bomber Pengo with 11
Ramire the Vampire and the Mystery of the Papyrus with 9
Storm Over Valhalla also with 9

I thought SJOE would do better, but the people have spoken. Some of them even used all 5 votes.

Group 2 vote is live at
viewtopic.php?t=10674
ParadigmShifter
Manic Miner

Post by ParadigmShifter »

I too thought SJOE would do a little better, at least in terms of puzzle games anyway... thanks to everyone who voted for it (including myself lol). ;)

It's a bit more original than the usual columns/tetris clone, maybe it is a bit too hard if you're not an experienced Scrabble player and has too many keys (all of which are needed though, although pause has no effect on gameplay but I put that in anyway). The presentation was pretty good I thought even though I say so myself :)

Not having instructions in the download section probably meant it was a bit too difficult to get into I suppose. It's also very hard to get a high score.

Still working on an improved version (and there'll be a more accessible columns variant that comes out of that first I think as well).

Good luck to the entries that made it through to the next round!
briefer
Drutt

Post by briefer »

ParadigmShifter wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:58 pm I too thought SJOE would do a little better, at least in terms of puzzle games anyway... thanks to everyone who voted for it (including myself lol). ;)

It's a bit more original than the usual columns/tetris clone, maybe it is a bit too hard if you're not an experienced Scrabble player and has too many keys (all of which are needed though, although pause has no effect on gameplay but I put that in anyway). The presentation was pretty good I thought even though I say so myself :)

Not having instructions in the download section probably meant it was a bit too difficult to get into I suppose. It's also very hard to get a high score.

Still working on an improved version (and there'll be a more accessible columns variant that comes out of that first I think as well).

Good luck to the entries that made it through to the next round!
Unfortunately any game that requires reading instructions will not be played by most of the players. That is a fact.