Noon30 Shovel Duck

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Raoh_hokuto_shinken
Microbot

Noon30 Shovel Duck

Post by Raoh_hokuto_shinken »

Released !

https://ktbproductions.itch.io/noon30-shovel-duck

PROCESSED
DH 11/12/23
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Re: Noon30 Shovel Duck

Post by Jbizzel »

this game has some charm!
DVDfever
Microbot

Post by DVDfever »

Great fun, and I have some gameplay up here! :)

Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

I love the animations of the duck and the movement on the diagonal stairs, and all the hints. Shame the duck has to turn red when on the same row as a red enemy. Is that an AGD thing?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Joefish wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:50 am I love the animations of the duck and the movement on the diagonal stairs, and all the hints. Shame the duck has to turn red when on the same row as a red enemy. Is that an AGD thing?
Yep it’s because the duck sprite is not being actively coloured. If it was (using SPRITEINK), some blocks would get discoloured – platform blocks you can move through, ladders, and occasionally some edge solid blocks. The baddies can be coloured, because they follow predictable paths and only hit solid blocks square-on.

There is a way around it though, like in Sprouty I coloured both the sprite and baddies, and made the platforms the same colour as the player. The baddies never cross the platforms. Some blocks do get coloured (like when you get v close to spikes), but it’s rare enough to ignore.

Great first Speccy game from this author btw!