Games so hard you take a picture....

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Games so hard you take a picture....

Post by Jbizzel »

This game is ridiculously unfair and evil in the design of level 1. But also very addictive and I was determined to beat it. When I did I felt compelled to take a picture! Does anyone else ever feel like doing that? If so, what was the game?

Ps I only beat the first level, not the whole game!
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Re: Games so hard you take a picture....

Post by Mpk »

Wasting expensive camera film taking a photo of the tv?
That's a paddlin'.
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

The photo file size is bigger than the whole game :lol:
patters
Manic Miner

Post by patters »

I never had this game back in the day, but I played it a lot on my Gameboy Advance using ZXAdvance emulator. Cropping the screen to fit on the smaller GBA screen didn't matter for this title but I was drawn to its hard-as-nails gameplay and technically accomplished graphics. Can't remember if I even did the first tower, but it's definitely hardcore!

Incidentally, a bit off topic but if anyone has a GBA and a flashcart, I have written Python 3 builder scripts for all the best emulators so that compilations can be built on contemporary computers:
https://github.com/patters-match/gba-em ... n-builders
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Yep I thought this was a deceptively hard game. Think I got off level 1 back in the day but that's about as far as I got.
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

it very addictive. BUT you have to do some hardcore memorisation.

The worst offenders are the floor blocks that disappear without warning, giving you no time to react. And there is the circles thing that comes every so often , and you pretty much have to memorise when it will appear. At the top of the first level there is a trap that if you get it wrong, drops you all the way to the bottom.

The time scale is pretty tight too. The first time I got to the final door - the completion animation was going - but I still ran out of time and died! Brutal