Just a few barely useful Vic-20 games...

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Just a few barely useful Vic-20 games...

Post by Pegaz »

Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: Just a few barely useful Vic-20 games...

Post by Ralf »

Some of these games seem to have a colour clash very similar to Spectrum.
While others don't have it.

Did Vic-20 had something like colour clash?
PROSM
Manic Miner

Post by PROSM »

Ralf wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:34 pm Did Vic-20 had something like colour clash?
Yep, you either had 2 colours per character in high resolution mode, or 4 colours per character in multicolour mode. However, there's some restrictions on how those colours can be used, and I'd say it's actually stricter than the Spectrum. The Wikipedia page explains it fully: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_Technology_VIC
All software to-date
Working on something, as always.
oO cozy Oo
Manic Miner

Post by oO cozy Oo »

After the zx81, I had a Vic20, which I loved and moved onto the ZX Spectrum. All the 8 bit computers had a charm about them , happy days :xmas
I remember xmas day I would take up the only television in the house typing in basic programes, when everyone else wanting to watch the chrismas films lol
Be Safe! Be Happy! and have some Speccy FUN!!!
deanysoft
Dizzy

Post by deanysoft »

My mate Derek did many of the games in that roundup and I know he spent ages getting the software sprites working well since like the Spectrum, there is little hardware help. I think he used the two colour character mode which yes, does have similar 'attributes'. HELP BODGE is a great puzzle / platformer and Get More Diamonds frustrated me to hell trying to beat it.