UK units dispatched!!!

The Speccy's spritely young offspring. Discuss everything from FPGA to ZX
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

UK units dispatched!!!

Post by stupidget »

Oh em Geee!!!! Hopefully by late Friday all us UK based NEXTers will get our tracking details:

jamesh
Dizzy

Re: UK units dispatched!!!

Post by jamesh »

Oh, no, my day is ruined. Everybody else is checking email every 5 seconds, right?
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

It doesn't help when you see posts on Kickstarter from people who already received their tracking emails :o :o :o
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

If anyone missed out on the Kickstarter and has very deep pockets, there are two available for an eye watering £750 each.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/116010036704
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

PeterJ wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:08 pm If anyone missed out on the Kickstarter and has very deep pockets, there are two available for an eye watering £750 each.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/116010036704
Also useful info for backers with shallow pockets...

( Not me though. Mine's en route now for 2 weeks. Like Dwayne Johnson said about his favourite comb : l'll never part with it. )
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

My first Kickstarter Next was delivered by Yodel and it was fine. Just thank your lucky stars it's not Hermes!
PQR
Manic Miner

Post by PQR »

Happy to hear. Hope you all in the UK get them very soon!

Got mine last week in The Netherlands. In comparison to the KS1 version it’s really nicely boxed and protected by the cardboard packaging.
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Post by Vampyre »

Mine arrived about an hour ago!

But I can't (or won't) open it until Christmas Day. 25-12-2023 marks exactly 40 years to the day that I got my original 48K. So it's gonna be that little bit more special. And the first game I'll play will be Jetpac - like I did 25-12-1983.

(almost) 51 year old me is very excited. Just like 11 year old me was. (My birthday is Christmas Eve if anyone's trying to figure out the math.)
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

PeterJ wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:43 pm My first Kickstarter Next was delivered by Yodel and it was fine. Just thank your lucky stars it's not Hermes!
If it was Hermes (or Evri as it is now) I wouldn't be bothered. Because where I am, we have Sharon, and she takes her job very seriously. Such is life when you're (most likely) north of 60, otherwise would be retired and need something to occupy your time.

But I need not have been too worried... because at 4:41 pm, I officially became a member of the Next Owners Club.

Code: Select all

2110 LET s$="T187": LET t$="T140"
2120 LET a$=s$+"O3N10&gCO4N10egCO5N10egC"+t$+"N11CCC5C$a$b11C&$b8C"
2130 LET b$=s$+"V13N6&"+t$+"O5N11fff5e$e11d$bf11e&d8e"
2140 LET c$=s$+"V12N6&"+t$+"O4N11gab5C11$ag$g5f11g&f8g"
2150 LET u$=t$+"O5N5gfg3f5$b3$b5a3$b5a3a5gfe3f3_9d5gfg3f5$b3$b5a3$b5a3a5gfg3$b3_9C"
2160 LET v$=t$+"V13O4N5EDE3D5F3F5F3F5F3F5ECC3C3_9$b5EDE3D5F3F5F3F5F3F5EDE3F3_9$A"
2170 LET w$=t$+"UX3000W2O3(3C1G&3g1G&)(3$b1F&3f1F&)((3C1g&))((3$b1f&))(3C1G&3g1G&)(3$b1F&3f1F&)3C1G&3g1F&3C1G&3$b1F&3$a1$E&3$e1$E&3$a1$E&3$b1F&"
2180 PLAY a$,b$,c$
2190 PLAY u$,v$,w$: GO TO 2190
Paste that into BASin!

@Vampyre's idea to wait to open it is a good one... although I have a Next program in development with CSpect and I was going to use the actual Next to do it. Maybe I'll wait... I suppose CSpect can be called in one last time...

...meanwhile, I must continue cracking on with some musical delights for the Next's 38-year-old predecessor that didn't have rubber keys and had a massive toastrack bolted onto the side.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

For those who received their NETX's today did you get an email with Tracking details? I've not received anything yet and nothing in my spam folder either. Saying that, the Kickstarter post said that ALL UK backers should get an email by tomorrow evening so maybe I'm just further down the list or heaven forbid I may be on the fat house-breakers naughty list :snowman :snowman
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

Mine's just got here in time for the upcoming Xmas day 40th anniversary of my first Speccy, which is nice. MUCH nicer packaging than V1..
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

stupidget wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:15 pm For those who received their NETX's today did you get an email with Tracking details? I've not received anything yet and nothing in my spam folder either. Saying that, the Kickstarter post said that ALL UK backers should get an email by tomorrow evening so maybe I'm just further down the list or heaven forbid I may be on the fat house-breakers naughty list :snowman :snowman
Got a Yodel email out of the blue today, but didn't say who it was from so had to follow a process of elimination..
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Post by Vampyre »

stupidget wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:15 pm For those who received their NETX's today did you get an email with Tracking details? I've not received anything yet and nothing in my spam folder either. Saying that, the Kickstarter post said that ALL UK backers should get an email by tomorrow evening so maybe I'm just further down the list or heaven forbid I may be on the fat house-breakers naughty list :snowman :snowman
Yes, I received a Tracking email yesterday.
Crafty88
Drutt

Post by Crafty88 »

I got my tracking email yesterday. Nearly deleted it as thought its another one of these we have your parcel but unable to deliver scam emails.
jamesh
Dizzy

Post by jamesh »

Hmm, is that an unexpected surprise? That was sitting on my porch when I came home, no emails, no tracking numbers, total surprise.
redballoon
Manic Miner

Post by redballoon »

My KS2 arrived this morning. Completely missed the email saying it was out for delivery so it was a very nice surprise when it turned up.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Just got my Yodel email. It’s at the national depot and scheduled for deliver on Monday 18th. I’ve waited patiently for 3 years so I’m pretty sure I can wait another 3 days :dance :dance :dance
dfzx
Manic Miner

Post by dfzx »

I'm currently counting 21 of them for sale on ebay, all inside 24 hours.

Hard to see those rather optimistic £700 - £1,000 buy-it-now price tags being met much longer. Which is good. I appreciate people ordered their machines 3 years ago and many people's circumstances have changed, but it still rather grates to see them being hawked with ridiculous profiteering.
Derek Fountain, author of the ZX Spectrum C Programmer's Getting Started Guide and various open source games, hardware and other projects, including an IF1 and ZX Microdrive emulator.
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Post by Vampyre »

dfzx wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:50 am I'm currently counting 21 of them for sale on ebay, all inside 24 hours.

Hard to see those rather optimistic £700 - £1,000 buy-it-now price tags being met much longer. Which is good. I appreciate people ordered their machines 3 years ago and many people's circumstances have changed, but it still rather grates to see them being hawked with ridiculous profiteering.
Reminds me of when the PS5 was released and scalping went on for a good 12 months. I managed to by another one, other than my own, and sold it to a neighbour for his son at cost price. They were going on eBay for £850.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

My NEXT arrived this afternoon. Just got around to opening the outer box and when I saw the actual NEXT box I let out a pleasantly shocked ‘wow’ out loud. It’s absolutely stunning and I’ve not even removed the plastic film to see the NEXT itself. :D :D . like quite a few on here I’m going to ask my wife to hide it somewhere and I’ll open it on Xmas day. I’m 50 but I have that over excited sick feeling like I did when I was 10 :santa :santa
smurphboy
Manic Miner

Post by smurphboy »

Mine turned up, unannounced other than a warning that a Yodel package was on its way. Luckily next door were in and signed for it.

Not opened it yet (I've got a KS1 machine already), but looking forward to spending some time with both machines over the break.
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

Mine's about to get significantly more expensive.
Hopefully they declared it as a box of used tinfoil, valued at £1.
dfzx
Manic Miner

Post by dfzx »

dfzx wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:50 am I'm currently counting 21 of them for sale on ebay, all inside 24 hours.
There are now 42 Nexts listed on eBay. Only about half a dozen have sold in the last few days. If anyone wants one, now might be a good time to try an offer.

Mine has arrived but isn't being opened for another week. :santa
Derek Fountain, author of the ZX Spectrum C Programmer's Getting Started Guide and various open source games, hardware and other projects, including an IF1 and ZX Microdrive emulator.
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

What's that mysterious box under the tree?

:xmas :dance