C.S.S.C.G.C 2024 is/will be/has open/ing/ed

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Re: C.S.S.C.G.C 2024 is/will be/has open/ing/ed

Post by Jbizzel »

Mona loser really is a QL game - written on a real QL - getting it on to the PC was the hardest challenge!

Just a couple of lines were added so it would run on QPC, as I thought that would be easiest for Ed.

It's pure coincidence that Mona Lisa image was used in this game and as Eds theme. I made this game while I was messing about with scroll and pan. Super basic also has a nice feature where the input command can have a timer. So I tried to use code that was QL specific, as I was just exploring super basic with no sense that a 'game' would come.
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Post by equinox »

Jbizzel wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:41 pm Super basic also has a nice feature where the input command can have a timer. So I tried to use code that was QL specific, as I was just exploring super basic with no sense that a 'game' would come.
When I was first learning BASIC as a kid, I knew about INPUT but not INKEY$. I also noticed that the Sinclair joystick produced numbers at a text prompt (6=left, 7=right etc.). So I started writing a little game where you would move your character at an INPUT prompt: move joystick left, Enter, move joystick right, Enter, etc. Might make a good CGC entry actually :)
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

Yes! You must :)

You have also just inspired me to revisit the first game I ever tried to make on the spectrum.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Just noticed Sloth Attack! from last month. Very 'Rosco the Cat'. Nice to see Absinthe Boy still at it. This is the only game in the archive with "Sloth" in the title, but is it the only game featuring a sloth?

@EdToo I had the same problem as you regarding taking a screenshot - inserting line 315 PAUSE 100 allows you an opportunity.