C.C.E.C.C.C.C 2023

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
lexi
Dizzy

C.C.E.C.C.C.C 2023

Post by lexi »

I'd like to add some new AI wizards (or witches) to my games of Chaos. Maybe you'd like to play your own games with your own custom characters too? Bonus points for any backstory, stats, and spell collection limitations or special features - e.g. MrCatFace who only has lions, manticores, and 2x1 ranged combat for claws. If your idea for a new feature is great, but can't be implemented in time - there's always C.C.E.C.C.C.C 2034 :)

Add as much or as little detail as you like - for example, here's a perfectly valid entry:

All entries will receive a custom .pokfile of their artwork to play their own games - now only 10 days left!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: C.C.E.C.C.C.C 2023

Post by R-Tape »

I'm afraid I don't know the genre well enough to come up with an original back story or game mechanic, but I'm calling it a Larkangel.

What's the acronym CCECCCC please @lexi?
lexi
Dizzy

Post by lexi »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:45 pm

I'm afraid I don't know the genre well enough to come up with an original back story or game mechanic, but I'm calling it a Larkangel.
That is so awesome! I love it!!
  • Name=Larkangel
  • Combat=3
  • Ranged combat=0
  • Range=0
  • Defence=3
  • Movement allowance=3 (Flying), 8 (with Magic Wings)
  • Manoeuvre rating=2
  • Magic resistance=3
  • Spells=Chaos/Undead,+2 Lightning, +2 Turmoil(fixed)
  • Ability=1
  • Animation delay=30
The stats are a baseline, and are open for balancing suggestions and may be tweaked slightly to fix bugs. Would you like the .pok to be pasted as a reply, or may i also add it as a computer player option to a collection of them here?
https://spontificae.github.io/ChaosCE/ChaosCE.html

R-Tape wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:45 pm What's the acronym CCECCCC please @lexi?
I was going to offer a prize to the first person who figures it out :)

Also, thankyou for meeting the additional specifications I didn't specify!
  • 16x16pixels
  • Up to four frames of animation
  • Attributes can be set per frame and apply to whole 2x2 block
  • Pre-existing computer player graphics are 12pixels high, leaving two pixel rows above the head and below the feet. It's not essential to keep within this limit, but is an easy way to maintain visual cohesion
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

Comp.computing.excellent.chaos.character.creation.contest
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

lexi wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:23 pm Would you like the .pok to be pasted as a reply, or may i also add it as a computer player option to a collection of them here?
https://spontificae.github.io/ChaosCE/ChaosCE.html
I have some catching up to do here when I have time - whatever you prefer for the moment. I'll try and animate the Larkangel too.

I'll have a think about the acronym. So far, I've ruled out "chaos".
SkoolKid
Manic Miner

Post by SkoolKid »

lexi wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:23 pm I was going to offer a prize to the first person who figures it out :)
Something like Chaos Community Edition Character Creation Competition at Christmastime.

Or something completely different if you're just pulling our legs.
SkoolKit - disassemble a game today
Pyskool - a remake of Skool Daze and Back to Skool
lexi
Dizzy

Post by lexi »

Mpk wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:56 pm Comp.computing.excellent.chaos.character.creation.contest
nice! This isn't going to last long - 4/7

R-Tape wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:06 pm I have some catching up to do here when I have time - whatever you prefer for the moment. I'll try and animate the Larkangel too.
Thanks! I'll put it up once i refactor my dreadful html and update it with any additional animation frames - i'm looking forward to playing against Larkangel - this is exciting :)

R-Tape wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:06 pm I'll have a think about the acronym. So far, I've ruled out "chaos".
aw, -1/7 :(

SkoolKid wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:12 pm Something like Chaos Community Edition Character Creation Competition at Christmastime.
6/7 :oops:

SkoolKid wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:12 pm Or something completely different if you're just pulling our legs.
nono - i mean, i have been having fun with it, but all the fun is almost over since there's only one word left to guess :evil:
:snowman
SkoolKid
Manic Miner

Post by SkoolKid »

lexi wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:03 pm nono - i mean, i have been having fun with it, but all the fun is almost over since there's only one word left to guess :evil:
:snowman
OK, in that case my official guess at that word is: Custom.
SkoolKit - disassemble a game today
Pyskool - a remake of Skool Daze and Back to Skool
lexi
Dizzy

Post by lexi »

Oh sorry for the late response- no - that would have been a better choice than the one i came up with though!
Red Zebra
Drutt

Post by Red Zebra »

Seems I'm a sucker for wanting to contribute to things...

Skillet, the goat-man. Appears intimidating but is in reality a big softie. Great at making crepes and crumpets.

Two frames, 16x16. Didn't leave a border, hope that's OK.
I'm also not familiar enough with Chaos to suggest stats, but feel free to make up with something you feel fits.
lexi
Dizzy

Post by lexi »

Red Zebra wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:59 am Seems I'm a sucker for wanting to contribute to things...

Skillet, the goat-man. Appears intimidating but is in reality a big softie. Great at making crepes and crumpets.

Two frames, 16x16. Didn't leave a border, hope that's OK.
Yay! That's so cool! And thank goodness it wasn't a Satyr!

Red Zebra wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:59 am I'm also not familiar enough with Chaos to suggest stats, but feel free to make up with something you feel fits.
Maybe we can induct you into a game some time? :)

Here's what i've come up with as placeholder, but everyone is free to suggest tweaks!

Name=Skillet
Combat=1
Ranged combat=0
Range=2
Defence=5
Movement allowance=2
Manoeuvre rating=8
Magic resistance=9+
Spells=Faun/Magic Wood, +2 subversion, no magical attacks/upgrades/buffs
Ability=1
Animation delay=45

Features:
  • spells selection - only fauns
  • when casting a faun, two are created, one is an illusion.
  • affinity with other bi-species - e.g. increased subversion chance, and cannot be attacked by a centaur, manticore, etc
  • decent defence, but would rather run away
  • if Skillet moves two spaces in any turn, they can create a single Magic Wood tree 1-2 spaces away
  • Skillet cannot enter or gain new spells from any Magic Wood tree
  • upon death, their Magic Woods are not removed, but converted into Shadow Wood, controlled from beyond the goat-man grave
I'm placing these in some unused memory, so the existing player characters will still be available - rather than overwriting them. The features that require additional programming are somewhat tied to the disassembly progress - but the hooks i've experimented inserting into the original code are working well.

Two days left if anyone else if feeling inspired!

:xmas