Midnight Brew editions

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
StanVanman
Manic Miner

Midnight Brew editions

Post by StanVanman »

Were these ever made available to buy as downloads? I quite want to play the tweaked Maze Death Rally-X.

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Midnight Brew editions

Post by R-Tape »

StanVanman wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:37 pm Were these ever made available to buy as downloads? I quite want to play the tweaked Maze Death Rally-X.
@TomD should know (and if he doesn't, then they shouldn't be on sale!).
8BitSC
Microbot

Post by 8BitSC »

£12 plus a fiver P&P.
https://ko-fi.com/s/5f1c6701cc
StanVanman
Manic Miner

Post by StanVanman »

"as downloads"
8BitSC
Microbot

Post by 8BitSC »

Pretty sure forum rules state you're not allowed to ask for links to download commercially available titles.

Wouldn't want you breaking forum rules, now, would we.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
StanVanman
Manic Miner

Post by StanVanman »

8BitSC wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:33 am Pretty sure forum rules state you're not allowed to ask for links to download commercially available titles.

Wouldn't want you breaking forum rules, now, would we.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"to buy"

Are there any words of the post I DON'T need to explain to you?
TomD
Manic Miner

Post by TomD »

The original version is, and always will be, free to download (see link below). The Midnight Brew special edition is currently physical tape only with its release lined up with the Crash event so people could pick them up, but I do believe Alan is looking to do some type of download option now that is done. I'll check with him and let you know.

TomD
Retro enthusiast and author of Flynn's Adventure in Bombland, The Order of Mazes & Maze Death Rally-X. Check them out at http://tomdalby.com
highrise
Manic Miner

Post by highrise »

Hi guys

The feeling was always that we didn't want to sell these updated versions of what were originally free games for profit. Nevertheless they do have value so the plan is to release the Midnight Brew Digital collection for 2023 for charity, which is also what we did last year. I'm in the process of talking to one or two people about an appropriate charity and once we figure it all out it may well co-incide with a charity live stream that will include some of the people involved in the making of the games.

So you'll just have to be a little patient! Hope you understand and Happy New Year!

Allan
8BitSC
Microbot

Post by 8BitSC »

StanVanman wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:35 amAre there any words of the post I DON'T need to explain to you?
Seriously? Attacking someone for offering assistance?
StanVanman
Manic Miner

Post by StanVanman »

8BitSC wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:57 am Seriously? Attacking someone for offering assistance?
You consider your replies to me in some way helpful? :shock:

We can all misread things sometimes, so no worries about failing to notice that I was asking very clearly and specifically about digital versions, which rather implies that I already knew where to buy the physical versions (which are extremely easy to find by Googling). But to then double down by giving me a snotty lecture about forum rules and piracy when I'd very carefully and deliberately said "to buy" PRECISELY so as to avoid exactly that misunderstanding is quite remarkably pompous and obnoxious. You already knew you'd misread the original post, but you just went ahead and misread it AGAIN and got on your high horse. No, friend, you were not trying to help.
Last edited by StanVanman on Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Fellaaaas! Happy new year and all that. Can we stay on topic now (which TomD has pretty much answered).
StanVanman
Manic Miner

Post by StanVanman »

highrise wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:49 am Hi guys

The feeling was always that we didn't want to sell these updated versions of what were originally free games for profit. Nevertheless they do have value so the plan is to release the Midnight Brew Digital collection for 2023 for charity, which is also what we did last year. I'm in the process of talking to one or two people about an appropriate charity and once we figure it all out it may well co-incide with a charity live stream that will include some of the people involved in the making of the games.

So you'll just have to be a little patient! Hope you understand and Happy New Year!

Allan
Great, will keep an eye out, thanks.
highrise
Manic Miner

Post by highrise »

Incidentally, the digital set is also a perk for my supporters on Patreon, who also help with beta testing. Both this year and last year's digitals are there for them, as well as every other game or mod I've done. So if you want to support homebrew and help free up my time to make more games and videos, then that is always an option.