A scary mask detaching itself...

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
equinox
Dynamite Dan

A scary mask detaching itself...

Post by equinox »

I was emailing with my sister and the old Logotron maze puzzle game "XOR" came up, which we used to play occasionally. She wrote:
I had COMPLETELY forgotten that game XOR and would never have remembered it on my own! The only image which sprang to mind (before looking at screenshots to visualise the chickens and fish) were those light blue masks, but oddly enough I have quite a clear "memory" of one single blue mask, one side of which "flickered" several times until the whole mask detached itself from its black background and moved around freely. I suspect this was a dream... unless possibly there might have been some kind of fancy video intro? (well, fancy in Spectrum terms). Quite strange, as I really seem to "remember" this.
I started typing: You definitely dreamed that -- and then suddenly I realised exactly what she was remembering. It wasn't XOR, or a Spectrum game, but it was a video game of the era.

NOW: Can YOU work out what Lucy is talking about?

(Solution at the back of your Usborne Detective Book.)
SteveSmith
Manic Miner

Re: A scary mask detaching itself...

Post by SteveSmith »

I, of the Mask?
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Post by equinox »

SteveSmith wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:44 am I, of the Mask?
Hahahaa... I know the animation you're thinking of... but no.
I already said it wasn't a Spectrum game and I carefully posted it in the MISCELLANEOUS bit.
AndyC
Dynamite Dan

Post by AndyC »

One of those weird face things from Super Mario Bros 2? The ones that chase you once you pick up a key?
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Post by equinox »

AndyC wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:33 am One of those weird face things from Super Mario Bros 2? The ones that chase you once you pick up a key?
YES!!