Sinclair C5 ends up at Lincolnshire recycling centre

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Sinclair C5 ends up at Lincolnshire recycling centre

Post by PeterJ »

Spotted on the Spectrum for Everyone Facebook Group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... 948405.amp
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Re: Sinclair C5 ends up at Lincolnshire recycling centre

Post by Vampyre »

It's quite astonishing what people send to the tip or dump in a skip. Even a cursory glance on eBay is going to tell you that a C5 in poor condition is still probably going to fetch at least £100. Someone will buy it. I always have a quick look in any skips we pass on our evening walks just to see if anything of value might have been chucked. There's never really anything retro, but I have rescued a couple of laptops that had nothing wrong with them - fixed them up and given to the local library who give them to the needy.

I've never forgiven an old neighbours dad. Back in the early-90s I sold to his son all my Speccy stuff - a boxed 128K toastrack, tons of games, joysticks etc. For about £30. The son contacted me on Facebook about seven or eight years ago to tell me that he'd just seen his dad who proudly announced that he'd cleared the loft and binned all of it. We were both fuming!

Mind you, talking about not forgiving someone - I'll never forgive myself for this... In about 1993 I decided that this videogaming lark was no longer for me. I had an ottoman (remember them?) filled to the brim with 1983 to 1993 magazines. Crash, SU, YS, C+VG, all the Inputs, The One, Games Machine, Mean Machines etc. Somewhere in the region of 350 mags, probably worth a few quid today - straight in the bin - and all computers/consoles in the loft. Two weeks later they were out again.

I'd love to go back in time and kick my 21 year old self in the balls.
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

Question is, did they drive it to the dump?
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

I'd love another one. Sold mine to a museum a few years ago :(