Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
User avatar
PQR
Berk
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 10:35 am
Contact:

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by PQR » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Blerkotron wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:38 pm
Not silly, it's a beautiful font!

http://www.type-invaders.com/sinclair/clairsys/
Thank you! It gives me great joy to see Clairsys being used.

And congrats: very nice work on the adventure!

-Paul
2 x

User avatar
WIWC
Microbot
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by WIWC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:00 pm

Seems pretty good.
0 x

User avatar
Blerkotron
Dizzy
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by Blerkotron » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Alessandro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 pm
Hi @Blerkotron, here's an update to the fix. This should work under all circumstances (tested by myself with ESXDOS 0.8.6).

1. Download Velesoft's .Z80 snapshot pack from the above link and copy them to your CF/SD card.
2. Press the NMI button on your interface, then select the UNHALLOWED.TAP file and press I.
3. While still in the interface menu, select one of the three snapshot according to the Spectrum model you are using and press ENTER.
4. The game will load and run as normal.

Optionally, before copying Velesoft's snapshots to your card you can rename them to 128.Z80, PLUS2.Z80 and PLUS2A.Z80 to better distinguish them in the file menu, because ESXDOS has no long name file support at this time and will truncate their names.
Thank you, Alessandro - that's fantastic! I'll update the docs for the next version.
1 x

User avatar
Blerkotron
Dizzy
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by Blerkotron » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:33 pm

PQR wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:08 pm
Blerkotron wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:38 pm
Not silly, it's a beautiful font!

http://www.type-invaders.com/sinclair/clairsys/
Thank you! It gives me great joy to see Clairsys being used.

And congrats: very nice work on the adventure!

-Paul
I spent so long staring at it in the PAW editor it seemed weird to go back to the standard ROM font when I reset. :)

Amazing work, Paul - thank you so much!
0 x

User avatar
Andre Leao
Dizzy
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by Andre Leao » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:15 pm

At last completed this brilliant adventure, one of the best I have ever tried. Superb in all aspects, and, as an animal lover and owning 9 cats, I particulary enjoyed Shadow :)

Just one small note, if you go to save Shadow without the knife, you get stuck on that room...

Review soon at the blog, but it is a mega game, for sure.
1 x

User avatar
Blerkotron
Dizzy
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by Blerkotron » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:51 am

Andre Leao wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:15 pm
At last completed this brilliant adventure, one of the best I have ever tried. Superb in all aspects, and, as an animal lover and owning 9 cats, I particulary enjoyed Shadow :)

Just one small note, if you go to save Shadow without the knife, you get stuck on that room...

Review soon at the blog, but it is a mega game, for sure.
Oops! I'll be sure to correct that asap, I hadn't realised it was possible to get there without it. Thanks for the report, and I'm really glad you enjoyed the game!
1 x

User avatar
Blerkotron
Dizzy
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by Blerkotron » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Quick update:
I've released 1.02, which fixes the "getting stuck" problem described by André, plus a few other niggles.

More info and downloads available here:
https://blerkotron.itch.io/unhallowed/d ... 2-released
1 x

User avatar
Andre Leao
Dizzy
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by Andre Leao » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Blerkotron wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm
Quick update:
I've released 1.02, which fixes the "getting stuck" problem described by André, plus a few other niggles.

More info and downloads available here:
https://blerkotron.itch.io/unhallowed/d ... 2-released
Fantastic, thanks :)

Tomorrow will release the review (in portuguese)... ;)
1 x

User avatar
Blerkotron
Dizzy
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by Blerkotron » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 am

Andre Leao wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:09 pm
Blerkotron wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm
Quick update:
I've released 1.02, which fixes the "getting stuck" problem described by André, plus a few other niggles.

More info and downloads available here:
https://blerkotron.itch.io/unhallowed/d ... 2-released
Fantastic, thanks :)

Tomorrow will release the review (in portuguese)... ;)
I'm looking forward to reading it, it will be the first review of the game. :-)
1 x

User avatar
Andre Leao
Dizzy
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 am

Re: Unhallowed - a spooky text adventure for Halloween

Post by Andre Leao » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Blerkotron wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 am
Andre Leao wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:09 pm
Blerkotron wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 pm
Quick update:
I've released 1.02, which fixes the "getting stuck" problem described by André, plus a few other niggles.

More info and downloads available here:
https://blerkotron.itch.io/unhallowed/d ... 2-released
Fantastic, thanks :)

Tomorrow will release the review (in portuguese)... ;)
I'm looking forward to reading it, it will be the first review of the game. :-)
Review's released...

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... lowed.html
0 x

Post Reply