The best Speccy game by Tartan Software: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by Tartan Software: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

I've got to page 81 of that Your Sinclair issue 19, and I stumble across Tartan Software. An adventure label that I thought I covered before, but no, I haven't. I probably assumed so as they cropped up a fair bit as a contributor to Sinclair User covertapes. It was them and Zenobi who would usually plonk a text adventure on them.

23 games here, all of them are text adventures except for the anomaly that is Golf Scorecard:

1942 Mission
Adventure Guide
Castle Eerie
Crown Of Ramhotep, The
Double Agent
Escape
Golf Scorecard
Gordello Dynasty, The
Gordello Incident, The
Gordello's Demise
Green Door, The
Lost Dragon, The
Magic Treasure Adventure
Matching Pairs
Open Door, The
Prince Of Tyndal, The
Prospector, The
Rays
Red Door, The
Shipwreck
Spy Trilogy, The
White Door, The/Crisis At Christmas
Yellow Door, The

That's what we're going with next week when I start the poll properly, unless someone points out I shouldn't have included something in that list and/or should have included something that's not listed.

I'll be behind the blue door. Or the orange door. Or the black door. Or purple. Or grey... pink... brown... navy... cerise... aquamarine...
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Re: The best Speccy game by Tartan Software: discussion

Post by 8BitAG »

While I always have a preference for looking at the complete catalogue in these sorts of polls, going on your usual rules these games wouldn't normally be included...

1942 Mission (originally released by CCS)
Gordello Dynasty (this is a compilation, not a distinct game)
The Prospector (original version published by Central Solutions)
Rays (Rays is Yellow Door for the purpose of this poll. There's currently no evidence that the original, much different version, ever made it out to the public as far as I know)
Crisis at Christmas/White Door (technically this started as a magazine type-in; I'd personally include it myself)
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Re: The best Speccy game by Tartan Software: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

8BitAG wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:58 am While I always have a preference for looking at the complete catalogue in these sorts of polls, going on your usual rules these games wouldn't normally be included...
Wow! Okay, so while I make an occasional clanger, here I've made loads!

So, revising the shortlist:

Adventure Guide
Castle Eerie
Crown Of Ramhotep, The
Double Agent
Escape
Golf Scorecard
Gordello Incident, The
Gordello's Demise
Green Door, The
Lost Dragon, The
Magic Treasure Adventure
Matching Pairs
Open Door, The
Prince Of Tyndal, The
Red Door, The
Shipwreck
Spy Trilogy, The
Yellow Door, The
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!