The best Speccy game by Tartan Software: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Poll ended at Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:09 am

Adventure Guide
No votes
Castle Eerie
No votes
Crown Of Ramhotep, The
20%
Double Agent
20%
Escape
No votes
Golf Scorecard
No votes
Gordello Incident, The
40%
Gordello's Demise
No votes
Green Door, The
No votes
Lost Dragon, The
No votes
Magic Treasure Adventure
No votes
Matching Pairs
No votes
Open Door, The
No votes
Prince Of Tyndal, The
20%
Red Door, The
No votes
Shipwreck
No votes
Spy Trilogy, The
No votes
Yellow Door, The
No votes

Total votes: 5

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

These guys so many coloured doors, it's like Shakin' Stevens on steroids...

(Also, why are the loading/game screens for Magic Treasure Adventure the wrong way round on this site?)

Adventure Guide

Castle Eerie

Crown Of Ramhotep, The

Double Agent

Escape

Golf Scorecard

Gordello Incident, The

Gordello's Demise

Green Door, The

Lost Dragon, The

Magic Treasure Adventure

Matching Pairs

Open Door, The

Prince Of Tyndal, The

Red Door, The

Shipwreck

Spy Trilogy, The

Yellow Door, The
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by Tartan Software: vote

Post by hitm4n »

Don't yell. I know we are past the "discussion" phase here :)

My Tartan folder looks like this. You have more than me, i have more than you. I usually don't get involved in the discussion as you do the work and when its wrong someone always shouts up.

My vote would have gone to "The White Door". It was the first one i played and enjoyed, i think it may have come from a covertape too.
Its included in a double cassette 6 pack of Tartan adventures. Maybe you just aren't including compilations here?

I don't know who is right here.
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

hitm4n wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:00 pm My Tartan folder looks like this. You have more than me, i have more than you. I usually don't get involved in the discussion as you do the work and when its wrong someone always shouts up.

My vote would have gone to "The White Door". It was the first one i played and enjoyed, i think it may have come from a covertape too.
Its included in a double cassette 6 pack of Tartan adventures. Maybe you just aren't including compilations here?

I don't know who is right here.
Well, the White Door is Crisis At Christmas, and 1942 Mission was originally published by CCS. Our resident adventure expert @8BitAG advised me on this in the discussion phase.

And I never include compilations unless the compilation itself is considered as a game in its own right. Gremlin's Compendium and Ocean's Batman: The Caped Crusader being a couple of examples.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

To be fair, I'd advised you in line with your usual rules. ;) Which I always respect, but don't agree with.

White Door was disqualified as it was a non-Tartan type-in in its original Crisis at Christmas form. 1942 Mission wasn't originally at Tartan-published game. The Spy Trilogy slips in, as although it was optioned elsewhere, it never seems to have been published by Anco.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

No White Door, no vote. I haven't played the others. I know a lack of vote from me will be upsetting, please keep your spirits up... ;)
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Post by Hank Scorpio »

1 Crown Of Ramhotep
2 The Red Door
3 The Gordello Incident
Nick
Manic Miner

Post by Nick »

1. The Gordello Incident
2. Double Agent
3. Castle Eerie
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

The Gordello Incident has won this, with two votes!

In second place, one vote each goes to The Crown Of Ramhotep; Double Agent and The Prince Of Tyndal.

I think there's a bit more detail in the proportional results, which are similar:

Gordello Incident, The 4
Crown Of Ramhotep, The 3
Double Agent 2
Castle Eerie 1