Inspector Cadget - EH?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
R-Tape
Site Admin

Inspector Cadget - EH?

Post by R-Tape »

Am I missing something? What are you supposed to do in Microhobby magazine's Inspector Gadget/Cadget? The tape file is on side B of this Microhobby compilation.

You meet the monster - you die.
You collect the key - you die.
You hit a wall - you die.
You hit monster poop - you die
You go to the house - you die.
Screen boundary - you die.
You guide the monster to the key - it deletes it

It's clearly not a AAA game, and quite possibly a heavily bugged type-in, but now that I've stumbled upon it I HAVE TO KNOW!
+3code
Manic Miner

Re: Inspector Cadget - EH?

Post by +3code »

R-Tape wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:16 pm Am I missing something? What are you supposed to do in Microhobby magazine's Inspector Gadget/Cadget? The tape file is on side B of this Microhobby compilation.
The game was published as type-in in Microhobby Issue 34 (https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/issue/776/MicroHobby/34), page 28 (https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/page.ph ... 76&page=28), I will take a look what says.
+3code
Manic Miner

Post by +3code »

The text says you need first to find 3 gifts for the 3 fortress guardians, and then pursue the Doctor Gan with the Gadget-Movil.
TheMartian
Microbot

Post by TheMartian »

You actually need to press "M" while next to the key to grab it. In fact, it's quite realistic. Whenever I try to grab my keys running towards them I get hurt...
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

This game was reviewed in one of the first MH threads, and it got a Seal of Approval (TM), so nice choice, Sir! 🧐

Dwfinitely one of my fave type-in games. What to do and some screens in the review:
Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:12 am Gadget by Ricardo Martínez

This is a very cool game starring cartoon star Inspector Gadget in a new adventure against evil Dr. Gan.

The game consists of three levels. In the first one, you must take the keys and reach your car to go to Dr. Gan's castle. But a terrible monster (a Pac-Man to be precise) will chase you. It's not as easy as it seems.

Once in the car, you arrive at Dr. Gan's Castle. In the second level you must enter avoiding obstacles and getting three objects for the guardians .

The evil Doctor knows you're arriving, so he tries to scape!

Dr. Gan has scaped in his spaceship, so in the last level you chase him through space in your sophisticated gadget-o-car and try to shoot his spaceship.

Shoot before it's too late!

After a long fight, you reach your objective and evil Dr. Gan is back to jail!

Another deserved 'Seal of Approval' game, definitely, with original levels and nice tunes. A game that was worth typing it up, in spite of its long BASIC list.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Besides, I presume the alt name of "Cadget" is just because of a typo! :mrgreen:
catmeows
Manic Miner

Post by catmeows »

TheMartian wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:41 pm You actually need to press "M" while next to the key to grab it. In fact, it's quite realistic. Whenever I try to grab my keys running towards them I get hurt...
You martians are missing superpowers of earthlings, obviously.
Proud owner of Didaktik M
TheMartian
Microbot

Post by TheMartian »

catmeows wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:26 am You martians are missing superpowers of earthlings, obviously.
Well, there are no keys in Mars.

But there are nuts in Toblerone.

I'm so puzzled...