Cocktails inspired by Spectrum games

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Cocktails inspired by Spectrum games

Post by worcestersource »

The thread on the cocktail program got me wondering about Speccy-themed cocktails.

Bubble Bobble
Blue curaçao
Vodka
Melon balls

Dinamic
Bourbon
Vodka
Lava

Any more? I’ll admit I’m not a very creative inventor of cocktails.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Cocktails inspired by Spectrum games

Post by R-Tape »

The trouble is, looking at my Speccy tapes, pretty much everything except VU-CALC sounds like a cocktail!

Deathchase
-Vodka
-Retsina
-Pine needles

Mutan Zone
Bourbon
Vodka
Lava
Aqua regia
And from the same distiller as Dinamic^
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

The Manic Miner

1 part Absinth
2 parts Uranium
Sprinkling of chopped amoebatrons
Dip rim of glass in crushed coal
Pour over ice, drink and then dial 999
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Post by worcestersource »

Been doing some research. This looks quite apt:

https://vegarecepten.com/en/rainbow-par ... e-curacao/
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Squij cocktail:

Súrstromming juice directly from a can
a bit of lemon juice
a herring and an olive in a stick

Its best point is it's alcohol-free.

As i wasn't satisfied with the result (I'm a disaster designing cocktails) I asked AI for a Zorro cocktail and this is the result:

4 parts of Tequila
4 parts of grapefruit juice
1 part of Cointreau
1 part of blue Curaçao
ice cubes

Put it into the shaker, shake vigorously 45-60 secs and serve with a lemon slice.

Seems far better than the first cocktail.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

For the record, I've eaten surströmming and I wasn't sick. The worst part of it was how unbearably salty it is. Yes, you heard me - the fact that it's rotten and smells like it, is not its worst feature.

I'll be surprised if there isn't already a cocktail called Blood n' Guts - involving curdled Bailey's (or possibly an imitation from Aldi) and something bright red (Aftershock?) served in the kind of downmarket nightclubs frequented by Morlocks in Ben Sherman shirts and cackling harpies in skirts so short they're practically nonexistent, which throw out their wastes of human life in a torrent of vomit, fights, tears and broken hooker heels at 3 am.

Quetzalcoatl could be a cocktail fit for the King of the Aztec Gods, probably involving tequila, Goldschlager and a chilli of at least a million Scoville units.

Jet Set Willy could be a variant of the Blood n' Guts theme, designed to make the people vomiting later on do so in their own house which needs a really good clean afterwards. Plus, the ingredients must be much more expensive and it's only served in high-end bars.

Big Ben Strikes Again is half a pint of lager, topped up with champagne, with a radish floating in it resembling a ball-gag. Apparently, it's popular with both London tabloid journalists and Conservative politicians alike.

Meanwhile, for those who Vote Red No Matter Who (in Yorkshire and South Wales, mostly), there's the Monty's Last Strike - paying homage to the "final boss" of Wanted: Monty Mole, this consists only of a lump of coal ground up into powder and served in a scaled-down half-pint "proper beer glass" (the one with the dimples and the handle). It's artificial coal, obviously, because modern party activists would say "HOW DARE YOU!" otherwise, made from charred cotton plant waste imported from China (no, really, I had some barbecue charcoal that was exactly that, once - and it worked, so no complaints). Reportedly, it tastes of bitterness and regret. If mixed with a can of weak 3% ABV Yorkshire bitter (John Smith's is ideal), it still tastes of bitterness and regret.

From our cousins in sunny Spain, there's the Rompetechos. It appears to be a combination of cava, sangria and thinly-sliced oranges at a distance, but on closer inspection - much closer inspection - it's Madri lager (which isn't even brewed in Spain and is apparently an old Carling recipe) mixed with a blob of Tesco's formerly-Value-brand Stockwell marmalade (which probably isn't made with Spanish oranges). ¡Buf! ¿Whose eyesight could have been poor enough to make that mistake?
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
sn3j
Manic Miner

Post by sn3j »

Jet Pac:

2-3 crushed coffee beans
1 part hot Osborne
after 1 min add some crushed ice
1 part Sheridan's (dark)
1 part Sheridan's (white), layer carefully
1 Armagnac cherry
top with an orange-chocolate leaflet and a slim chocolate-coated biskuit stick
POKE 23614,10: STOP      1..0 hold, SS/m/n colors, b/spc toggle
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Post by equinox »

worcestersource wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:56 pm Any more? I’ll admit I’m not a very creative inventor of cocktails.
The "R Tape loading error".
It's just a huge glass of vodka because of a technical problem while you were going out back to squeeze the lemons and find the bitters.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

The Deathchase

2 parts Red Bull
2 parts Monster Energy Drink
2 Crushed Pro Plus
splash of Vodka
Bitters
Slice of Lime

Mix all the above into a pint glass, neck it and spend the next 2 hours running through a forest avoiding trees!!!
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Post by equinox »

Everyone on this forum is a nerdy bachelor, BUT:

the Dynamite Safe

60 ml vodka
15 ml lime juice
30 ml ginger beer
lime (slice)

chug while listening to awful beeper music in a teleporter, or turning into a werewolf. BRIP BOP BRIP BOP BRIP BOP