A couple of podcasts you may have missed

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
SteveSmith
Manic Miner

A couple of podcasts you may have missed

Post by SteveSmith »

I mention these as these podcasts are not always Spectrum-related, but these are a couple of recent highlights:-

https://theretrohour.com/domark-the-ins ... our-ep416/ - After listening to this I would snap up a book about the history of Domark.

- Interview with Bob Pape. Enough said.
Lee P
Microbot

Re: A couple of podcasts you may have missed

Post by Lee P »

Ta, listening to the Bob Pape one now. Podcasts are much easier for me to digest compared to videos.
GRC7800
Drutt

Post by GRC7800 »

Thanks for sharing these! I’m presently obsessed with R-Type. I devoured Pape’s book and I can’t wait to hear the man himself talk about his magnum opus. Much appreciated!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Thanks. Listened to Byte High Bob Pape, and it sounds like there's another to come. Bob comes across really well. I think toy cars got as much mention as computers!

There were plenty of juicy bits (also in the book), but I did chuckle at the revelation about Miles Gordon Technology in Swansea: I knocked on their door but nobody was in!
Lee P
Microbot

Post by Lee P »

He's a very engaging guest isn't he? Perhaps because of the name I'd somehow got it in my head he was Scottish (even though I read his book years ago) so was surprised when I heard a Welsh accent!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Yep very articulate (I'm jealous!). I assumed he's Welsh but going by his forum personae (he used to be here as @Bizzley) I imagined someone with a bit more needle.
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

I'm going to bump this as I've listened to the first part a few days ago, and just finished the second part which was released on February 29th, so a week after the last post. Both parts were highly entertaining, definitely recommended.

Here's a link to part 2 (now let's see if that embeds the spotify into this forum post; if not, oh well)