ZXDS 2.2.2 and 1.4.1

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
Patrik Rak
Microbot

ZXDS 2.2.2 and 1.4.1

Post by Patrik Rak »

Hello,

New releases of both 3DS and NDS versions of ZXDS are out.

The changes are relatively small, most notably fixing the AY clock frequency so it is exactly half the CPU clock frequency, and solving the troubles with RZXs with mismatched TR-DOS ROMs, but I hope that some people will enjoy it nevertheless.

Patrik
Last edited by Patrik Rak on Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmal
Manic Miner

Re: ZXDS 2.2.2 and 1.4.1

Post by cmal »

Thanks @Patrik Rak . FYI: the link in your post doesn't seem to work.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

I really appreciate you're still working on it - it's my favourite emulator, and helps me immensely on my Quest To Play Every ZX Spectrum Game.
blucey
Manic Miner

Post by blucey »

I've got this set up and it is great but it won't load up any of my z80 files (it crashes all of them) but the online ROM finder works great.

What am I doing wrong?
Patrik Rak
Microbot

Post by Patrik Rak »

blucey wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:21 pm it won't load up any of my z80 files (it crashes all of them)
If you can share one, I guess I can have a look. Knowing how were those z80 created might help, too. Also, do they work in other emulators?
blucey
Manic Miner

Post by blucey »

yep, they are just regular .z80 files. I'll try to grab one from elsewhere and will let you know if it works.

I assume it's still just 'IO' and 'Load File' to load .z80s?
blucey
Manic Miner

Post by blucey »

I tried a new z80 file and it worked. Very odd. It's as if they got corrupted going over. I deleted them but they still show in the menu on ZXDS, like it still sees them. Can I force refresh that menu?
Patrik Rak
Microbot

Post by Patrik Rak »

First of all, are we talking about DS or 3DS version? How do you transfer the files? Also, if you deleted them (how?) but they still show up, there must be something really weird going on. Are you sure that the filesystem on your SD card is not corrupt in some way? The directory is reloaded every time you change between some directories, so they should not be there if they are really deleted.
blucey
Manic Miner

Post by blucey »

Sorry, this is on the 3DS.

It looks like a combination of factors.

1 - it didn't like my .z80s. Now I don't think there's anything weird about them. They are the ones named like this Bomb Jack (1986)(Elite Systems).z80 which you see everywhere. I also tried renaming them.

2 - maybe there's some degree of corruption in the transfer, although I've put them directly on the SD card connected to my PC and I've tried sending them over the 3DS's homebrew FTP app.

3 - even though I was deleting the roms and folders, they weren't fully leaving my SD card. I've sorted that now.

No worries. I've downloaded some over versions of some of the games and they've worked. I only really want to play Rebelstar 1 and 2 and Chaos, and it's doing that.

It's a GREAT app by the way. I loved it on the DS years ago and I love it now.
Xela
Drutt

Post by Xela »

Patrik Rak wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:17 pm Hello,

New releases of both 3DS and NDS versions of ZXDS are out.
Hey, Patrik! Thanks for the emulator! I use it on New 3DS - very satisfied!
With the latest games like Nothing, Castlevania, Delta's Shadow - it feels like you're not playing a game in an emulator, but something specially written for a handheld console.

I saw a list of Features unlikely to be implemented, but my wish is not in this list, so why not try: I would like "Turbo-mode" - 7MHz, which was on many Soviet clones. Many programs will benefit from it in performance.