The latest ZXDB database update will be applied today at 1530 BST. The site goes down for around 30 minutes whilst this happens.

Proper (demo) inlay or something someone knocked up for themselves??

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Robbeasy
Dizzy

Proper (demo) inlay or something someone knocked up for themselves??

Post by Robbeasy »

Howdy,

Hoping for some pointers here on a hoary old speccy game, right back from 1982 - Spectrum Golf, by R&R Software

On the game page it has the commercial release inlay - i have come across this (see pics) - what do we think? pre release demo cover or something knocked up by a punter who lost the inlay? What makes me think it could be a demo version is the sticker saying 'Instructions will be given on screen'

Unfortunately I cant get the game to load up on my old aging speccy +2 to check the game itself... thoughts please?

Robbeasy
Dizzy

Re: Proper (demo) inlay or something someone knocked up for themselves??

Post by Robbeasy »

aha - provenance! I probably should have done some investigation myself before posting my ignorance across the forums :)

heres a star trek inlay from ZX ART page

So it looks like i do have an early version... I will load the inlays up for preservation best I can
Robbeasy
Dizzy

Post by Robbeasy »

I've uploaded the inlay using the tool - did it a week back. How long does it take to get processed and appear on the site?

Are there regular update times?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Robbeasy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 am Are there regular update times?
No, but updates are generally at least monthly. You will see when an update has been done as I post a notification to say the site will be down, then post an announcement afterwards.

I will be updating the site with the latest update from @Einar Saukas on Wednesday. You file will either be in this update or the next one.
Robbeasy
Dizzy

Post by Robbeasy »

ahh - cheers for that