Proper (demo) inlay or something someone knocked up for themselves??

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Robbeasy
Dizzy

Proper (demo) inlay or something someone knocked up for themselves??

Post by Robbeasy »

Howdy,

Hoping for some pointers here on a hoary old speccy game, right back from 1982 - Spectrum Golf, by R&R Software

On the game page it has the commercial release inlay - i have come across this (see pics) - what do we think? pre release demo cover or something knocked up by a punter who lost the inlay? What makes me think it could be a demo version is the sticker saying 'Instructions will be given on screen'

Unfortunately I cant get the game to load up on my old aging speccy +2 to check the game itself... thoughts please?

Robbeasy
Dizzy

Re: Proper (demo) inlay or something someone knocked up for themselves??

Post by Robbeasy »

aha - provenance! I probably should have done some investigation myself before posting my ignorance across the forums :)

heres a star trek inlay from ZX ART page

So it looks like i do have an early version... I will load the inlays up for preservation best I can
Robbeasy
Dizzy

Post by Robbeasy »

I've uploaded the inlay using the tool - did it a week back. How long does it take to get processed and appear on the site?

Are there regular update times?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Robbeasy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:09 am Are there regular update times?
No, but updates are generally at least monthly. You will see when an update has been done as I post a notification to say the site will be down, then post an announcement afterwards.

I will be updating the site with the latest update from @Einar Saukas on Wednesday. You file will either be in this update or the next one.
Robbeasy
Dizzy

Post by Robbeasy »

ahh - cheers for that