Realms of Antiquity TI-99/4a

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Realms of Antiquity TI-99/4a

Post by PeterJ »

If you fancy a bit of TI-99 adventuring action, then checkout this rather nice looking RPG:

http://quixotic.adamantyr.com/roa.htm

https://adamantyr.itch.io/realms-of-ant ... ered-crown

The graphics chip in the TI-99 is the same as that used in the MSX and Memotech machines. I often wonder why many of the machines games look so bland when compared to their MSX counterparts.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Re: Realms of Antiquity TI-99/4a

Post by akeley »

It's a great CRPG. I see it's on sale for PC, which is nice, but I'd rather have the TI version. His link to the shop site seems to be broken though.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I used the itch.io link @akeley.

I may well be wrong, but I don't think there is a PC version? It runs via the Classic99 emulator.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Thank you, you;re right, it's TI files wrapped in an emulator. I didn't read the page properly (sigh). Got it now, just trying to make it run on MiSTer's TI core is proving a bit tricky. This micro requires a lot of rom juggling involved in order to get any extensions going.
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

Is he including the BSD-3 licence for that emulator he’s redistributing as part of what he’s selling?
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Seven.FFF wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:06 pm Is he including the BSD-3 licence for that emulator he’s redistributing as part of what he’s selling?
In the documentation he thanks the author of Classic99 (and others) for their contributions and support, so I'm guessing everything is tickety-boo.
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

If it’s licensed under an alternate licence that would indeed be tickety boo. But are there any licence details included in the distribution at all? I’m asking you because I don’t really want to spend $10 to find out.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

I don't see any specific licence details in the docs. The game's author is a very "visible" person though. He is active on many forums and the game's developement was well documented and publicized. I doubt very much that he pulled a shady move and used the emulator without its author's permission.