Dr. Acula

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
ColinStewart
Drutt

Re: Dr. Acula

Post by ColinStewart »

Einar Saukas wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:41 pm There's one final change, this time to improve layout of level 49. Although it didn't prevent from completing the game, thus there's no need to start it all over again if you already had version 1.03R...

Otherwise you can download the final version 1.04R from Colin's site.
Hopefully 1.04R will be the final verison, thanks to Einar for spotting the opportunities for improvement!
Download or play it online here https://www.colinstewart.co.uk/playdracula/
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

It was Game of the Month for Planeta Sinclair. And soon, a review will be released in an electronic magazine... ;)
ColinStewart
Drutt

Post by ColinStewart »

Andre Leao wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:47 pm It was Game of the Month for Planeta Sinclair. And soon, a review will be released in an electronic magazine... ;)
Amazing! that's brilliant news, many thanks.
ColinStewart
Drutt

Post by ColinStewart »

pavero wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 pm I would say 50 levels as the original title.
Yes 50 levels.
jpnz
Manic Miner

Post by jpnz »

I've really enjoyed playing this, quite the challenge and well presented - worth the wait

I was about to ask if level 5 (ah-hum) could be completed without losing a life, but with some patience - and the timer running low - it can be done

One other thing, the game can be paused during play by pressing (surprise) P

Thanks for Dr.Acula @ColinStewart - love it!
ColinStewart
Drutt

Post by ColinStewart »

jpnz wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:57 am Thanks for Dr.Acula @ColinStewart - love it!
Glad you liked it! :D
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

Colin, Thank you thank you thank you for Frank N Stein and this sequel Dr Acula.
I've not had time to play Dr Acula as yet, but i'm sure its awesome...

It's so nice to be able to offer a little "thanks" to the guys that created these games all those years ago.

Frank N Stein was a big part of my youth, remains one of my all time favourites on the Speccy and when i do have time for a little Speccy fun, its always either Chuckie Egg, Star Quake, Quazatron, Popeye, TrapDoor, Manic Miner or Frank N Stein!

Once again. THANK YOU.
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
uglifruit
Manic Miner

Post by uglifruit »

I'm really enjoying this. And looking forward to the last one the trilogy "We're Wolves" due out in 2064.
CLEAR 23855
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Post by worcestersource »

uglifruit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:33 pm I'm really enjoying this. And looking forward to the last one the trilogy "We're Wolves" due out in 2064.
Y’know, I was trying to think what the third one would be but couldn’t think of a title… and there you go!

Big thanks to Colin. Young me really enjoyed Frank back in the day.
ColinStewart
Drutt

Post by ColinStewart »

hitm4n wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:13 pm Colin, Thank you thank you thank you for Frank N Stein and this sequel Dr Acula.
I've not had time to play Dr Acula as yet, but i'm sure its awesome...
Thank you for the kind words, makes it all worth while!
ColinStewart
Drutt

Post by ColinStewart »

uglifruit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:33 pm I'm really enjoying this. And looking forward to the last one the trilogy "We're Wolves" due out in 2064.
Close, but not quite... ;)
You got the release year right though!
ColinStewart
Drutt

Post by ColinStewart »

worcestersource wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:40 pm Big thanks to Colin. Young me really enjoyed Frank back in the day.
Thanks to you too, glad you liked Frank and hope you like DrAcula too, let's face it, it's taken me 40 years to finish it!
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

@ColinStewart will you also complete The Goblin Caves?
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

On another thread, @Juan F. Ramirez said this game breaks the record for "longest wait between sequels", with a 40-year gap since the original. However, I don't mean to be a spoilsport but surely that claim is invalidated by the 2011 sequel Frank N Stein Re-booted which was released after just 27 years?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

There aren't many things I'd support on crowdfunding these days, but...
ColinStewart
Drutt

Post by ColinStewart »

Andre Leao wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:41 pm @ColinStewart will you also complete The Goblin Caves?
Hmmm The Goblin Caves, well I think I just might.
ColinStewart
Drutt

Post by ColinStewart »

Lee Bee wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:23 am On another thread, @Juan F. Ramirez said this game breaks the record for "longest wait between sequels", with a 40-year gap since the original. However, I don't mean to be a spoilsport but surely that claim is invalidated by the 2011 sequel Frank N Stein Re-booted which was released after just 27 years?
Well I think Rebooted was more of a remastering rather than a sequel. Making the game closer to what I wanted it to be in the first place.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

ColinStewart wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:58 pm Hmmm The Goblin Caves, well I think I just might.
Yeah!!!!!! I´m sure the rest of the community will agree with that :dance
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

ColinStewart wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:03 pm Well I think Rebooted was more of a remastering rather than a sequel. Making the game closer to what I wanted it to be in the first place.
Ah, gotcha. That makes sense now.