The best Speccy game by Rossware: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Poll ended at Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:34 am

Fruit 2000
No votes
Fruit 2010
No votes
Fruity
100%

Total votes: 7

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

It's the poll everybody has been waiting for! [citation needed] Contain your excitement as we cover the software brand that everybody fondly remember [citation needed] and always talks about! [citation needed] Yep, from page 93 of YS #19, we've hit the classified ads and it's homebrew gaming before we were using that term. Here's Rossware's three ZX Spectrum games and I think there's a distinct theme going on...

Fruit 2000

Fruit 2010

Fruity

So, um, yeah, there you go. Shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to get to grips with each one and get this gist of it.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Re: The best Speccy game by Rossware: vote

Post by PeteProdge »

1) Fruity. Well, it's obvious. The most recent (1987) and clearly most feature-packed. It's practically objective, isn't it?
2) Fruit 2010. Er, the second most recent and clearly an advance on the previous, which is...
3) Fruit 2000. Duh!

Pretty much, I expect everyone to arrive at the same conclusion.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

This breaks Retrogaming Directive 6342.a in which appending a futuristic year at the end of a game title makes it better.

1 - Fruity
2 - Fruity 2010
3 - Fruity 2000

As always, fruit sims are a confusing mess of spinning fruit and flashing lights that I'll probably never bother to learn, but it's clear that the latest one is the most polished.
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Post by Hank Scorpio »

1 Fruity
2 Fruit 2010
3 Fruit 2000
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Post by worcestersource »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:15 am This breaks Retrogaming Directive 6342.a in which appending a futuristic year at the end of a game title makes it better.

1 - Fruity
2 - Fruity 2010
3 - Fruity 2000

As always, fruit sims are a confusing mess of spinning fruit and flashing lights that I'll probably never bother to learn, but it's clear that the latest one is the most polished.
I think you’re getting confused with Retrogaming Directive 6343. If you do mean 6342, I’d suggest lowering the aardvark gently.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Hehe thanks Kryten :mrgreen:
Lee P
Microbot

Post by Lee P »

Nick Ross? Sleep well, don't have nightmares.

I wonder if Stuart Ross is still a fruit graphic designer?
Timmy
Manic Miner

Post by Timmy »

I don't really play fruit machines nowadays, but I must say the graphics of the 2010 version do look like the symbols on real fruit machines back then. With a number next to the fruit.

Almost nostalgic.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I wonder if we'll get any mavericks voting for their earlier stuff. For some people that's always the best.
Lee P wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:31 pm I wonder if Stuart Ross is still a fruit graphic designer?
StuRoss 8bit Fruit Design LTD made an honest living right up until a few years ago when AI spoiled the party. The Canary Wharf office closed in January.
Nick
Manic Miner

Post by Nick »

1. Fruity
2. Fruit 2010
2. Fruit 2000

There is definitely an improvement in quality with each version.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

7 votes means Fruity is the winner and that really is it!

And all the proportional voting follows the same pattern:

Fruity 12
Fruit 2010 8
Fruit 2000 4