Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Journeyman
Microbot

Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge

Post by Journeyman »

I've just been playing Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge on an emulator, and I'm of the opinion it's pretty damn good, especially with the music. It plays quite slick and fast, and it's moderately challenging.

I'm keen to get it onto my real Speccy, a +2 with vDriveZX, so I want to convert it to Microdrive images. This will involve me having to use Multiface emulation to create images, but the problem is the game multi-loads the courses into the longer, harder skill level of the game, requiring you to have to load them in as you come to them.

Problem is, I'm not good enough to get that far yet, so I can't load everything in to snapshot it!

Has anyone managed to get this game onto Microdrive images that load sequentially in the way they're supposed to? I'd be grateful if you can supply them if you have. Waaaay above my skill level to achieve, unfortunately.

Lee
Wrestling with useless old junk since 1974.
Vintage computers: ZX81, Spectrum +2, TRS-80 Model 100, Z88, Amstrad NC100
http://journeyman.online
goodboy
Microbot

Re: Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge

Post by goodboy »

in the version for 128k all data is loaded into memory (no sub-loads).
therefore, this version is easy to adapt. see PM
Journeyman
Microbot

Re: Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge

Post by Journeyman »

goodboy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:33 am in the version for 128k all data is loaded into memory (no sub-loads).
therefore, this version is easy to adapt. see PM
Ah, thank you! I saw on the TZX download I got hold of that there's 2 files (side a and side B) so I assumed it was a multi load.

I made a snapshot on an emulator and I've run it on my Speccy with no problems.
Wrestling with useless old junk since 1974.
Vintage computers: ZX81, Spectrum +2, TRS-80 Model 100, Z88, Amstrad NC100
http://journeyman.online