The best Speccy game by Tanglewood Software: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Poll ended at Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:05 am

Cricket Challenge
40%
Football Fever
20%
Racing Game, The
40%
Rugby Fifteen
No votes

Total votes: 5

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

BASIC games being sold at full price from 1986-88? Ah, it's a mail order sports management outfit!

Pick yer fave from these four:

Cricket Challenge

Racing Game, The

Rugby Fifteen
[/fimg=320,240]https://www.spectrumcomputing.co.uk/SCR ... r&border=0[/fimg]
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Nick
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by Tanglewood Software: vote

Post by Nick »

1. The Racing Game
2. Football Fever
3. Cricket Challenge

I'm not a horse racing fan but I can remember both my uncle and my dad, who are horse racing fans, playing this and I quite liked it back then.
I tried it again a few days ago and it still held my attention for more than a few minutes.

Football Fever isn't different enough from the umpteen other footy management sims that came out during that period to grab my first placed vote.
I found the Cricket game slightly more engaging than the rugby one.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

1 - Cricket Challenge
2 - The Racing Game

The field sport games are the same formula. The racing game arguably has more going for it in terms of presentation and play, but I went for the one that interested me more. Nay third place.
Nick wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:53 pm I'm not a horse racing fan but I can remember both my uncle and my dad, who are horse racing fans, playing this and I quite liked it back then.
That's nice to hear. There must have been more of a market for this kind of thing than I realised in the later 80s.
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Post by Hank Scorpio »

1 Football Fever
2 Rugby Fifteen
3 The Racing Game
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Let's fix that awful BBcoding I did and show you the full four...

Cricket Challenge

Football Fever

Racing Game, The

Rugby Fifteen
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Well, Cricket Challenge and The Racing Game have tied for first place in the phpBB poll, with two votes each.

What we have left, with one vote, is Football Fever.

Can we expect a breakthrough in the proportional results?

Football Fever 6
Racing Game, The 3
Rugby Fifteen 2
Cricket Challenge 1

Erm... well... it's been a long time since we had a situation where we had a deadlock between game X and game Y in the main poll and then game Z topping the proportional results. And even though I am the creator of this series, I can't remember what methodology is used to determine the 'winnner'.