The latest ZXDB database update will be applied today at 1530 BST. The site goes down for around 30 minutes whilst this happens.

Any CPC Wiki forum users?

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Any CPC Wiki forum users?

Post by akeley »

I know some of you are members of this forum too: https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Forum I'm pretty sure I've seen @1024MAK there before.

Could anybody confirm whether the forum is working properly now? It's been quite some time since I logged in there (probably a few months) and I get "403 forbidden" error. Could be something to do with my location, but I just wanted to make sure the site is up.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Re: Any CPC Wiki forum users?

Post by 8BitAG »

The forum is working, yes.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
AndyC
Dynamite Dan

Post by AndyC »

Yeah, was working fine for me this morning. Bit slow occasionally but that's not abnormal.
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

@akeley
The CPC forum is probably stealthily monitoring your general internet usage and what you are writing, and if you are praising the Speccy too much then you'll be considered a Speccy scumbag (owner of the stupid colour-clashing calculator that scarred the CPC with its very existence as it led to those horrible ports) who is not worthy of using their forum ;)
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

XTM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 am @akeley
The CPC forum is probably stealthily monitoring your general internet usage and what you are writing, and if you are praising the Speccy too much then you'll be considered a Speccy scumbag (owner of the stupid colour-clashing calculator that scarred the CPC with its very existence as it led to those horrible ports) who is not worthy of using their forum ;)
Haha, could be, there are some occasional zealots with these kinda vibes over there, but overall it's not too bad - I always wore my true colours with pride and survived nonetheless.

Thanks for checking, would any of you gents be willing to PM the admin and see what the score is? I could give you my details (nickname, email, location) if so.