The latest ZXDB database update will be applied today at 1530 BST. The site goes down for around 30 minutes whilst this happens.

ZX2040 for the RP2040

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
Turtle_Quality
Manic Miner

ZX2040 for the RP2040

Post by Turtle_Quality »

Not pretending to know anything about this, just appeared in my feed

https://blog.adafruit.com/2024/04/17/th ... -released/
Definition of loop : see loop
Waldroid
Microbot

Re: ZX2040 for the RP2040

Post by Waldroid »

Oh wow, I've got a Pimoroni Tufty sitting in a drawer that I never got around to playing with. I'll have to give this a go.

Thanks for the heads up!
Waldroid
Microbot

Post by Waldroid »

Dropped the .uf2 file onto the Tufty, and it automagically worked! :)

Had a quick game of Jetpac. It's a bit tricky using the Tufty's face buttons, since they're a bit of an awkward arrangement and need quite a firm press to actuate. But the game seems to run absolutely fine, as does the 3D viewer demo.

There is a 1-pixel line of "static" - constantly changing random black and white pixels - across the top of the screen, but that doesn't really detract from the experience.

I don't have a piezo speaker handy to test the sound, but it just wiggles a single RP2040 pin in the same manner as a real Spectrum, so it should be a reasonably authentic experience.

What a neat little project!
Cheez26
Drutt

Post by Cheez26 »

This might be the perfect way to clone the Speccy. Maybe somebody ought to make a kit with this. :idea:
Chelsea E., a Speccy fan from the U.S.
Also a musician and a beginning games developer.