Navigator/Commander for ZX Microdrive file management?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
cha05e90
Berk

Navigator/Commander for ZX Microdrive file management?

Post by cha05e90 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 am

Hello!

Is there any "Media/Admin" type software like the "TR-DOS Navigator" for a ZX Microdrive outfit? The only one that I could find was the MaxDesktop software (which tried to show the then brand-new WIMP environment). I must admit that a 2-window-style DOpus (Amiga)/Norton Commandar (DOS) type of software would suit me more.
0 x
+/+/48K/128

tomxp411
Berk

Re: Navigator/Commander for ZX Microdrive file management?

Post by tomxp411 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:46 pm

cha05e90 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 am
Hello!

Is there any "Media/Admin" type software like the "TR-DOS Navigator" for a ZX Microdrive outfit? The only one that I could find was the MaxDesktop software (which tried to show the then brand-new WIMP environment). I must admit that a 2-window-style DOpus (Amiga)/Norton Commandar (DOS) type of software would suit me more.
That would be an "orthodox file manager". And yeah, that would be pretty great. Those don't seem to be very common on the 8-bit machines, and the ones I see out there are from a later time. (The term seems to have been invented to describe Norton's Commander and its clones.)

This is the first microdrive file manager I've found, doing some quick searching:
http://privat.bahnhof.se/wb782177/z88/spectrum.htm
1 x

cha05e90
Berk

Re: Navigator/Commander for ZX Microdrive file management?

Post by cha05e90 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Oh, thank you very much. I didn't knew about that piece of software - I'll look into that.
0 x
+/+/48K/128