The best Speccy game by Orwin Software: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Poll ended at Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:53 am

3D Tic-Tac-Toe
60%
Ghost Gobbler
40%

Total votes: 5

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Strap in for the rollercoaster ride that is Orwin Software's immense ZX Spectrum softography...

3D Tic-Tac-Toe

Ghost Gobbler

...er, yeah. And I know you shouldn't 'judge a book by its cover', but both these games play exactly as you would suspect from the screenshots.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: The best Speccy game by Orwin Software: vote

Post by R-Tape »

Do we have a rival to Pacman RX?
Spoiler
NO!
I usually favour arcade over puzzle, but as Pacman clones go, it's pretty clunky and doesn't even manage the proper controls. It is quite sweet that
it acknowledges "it is quite slow" on the opening screen text though.

So Tic-Tac-Toe for me. It's a serviceable rendition.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Re: The best Speccy game by Orwin Software: vote

Post by PeteProdge »

3D Tic-Tac-Toe is the winner here, with three votes.

Just two votes for the second (and last) placed Ghost Gobbler.

And that's it for ZX Computing #1. I'm now looking in the final edition of Personal Computer Games and have dredged up Microdeal!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!