Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
User avatar
beanz
Microbot
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 pm
Location: Texas USA

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by beanz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Downloaded and watched this a couple of days ago, obviously being the downloaded "movie" it didn't give me any choices.

Besides the speccy references I found it pretty dull to be honest.
0 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2326
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by R-Tape » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:02 pm

beanz wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:52 pm
Downloaded and watched this a couple of days ago, obviously being the downloaded "movie" it didn't give me any choices.
How did it work if there were no choices? There are numerous endings for example.

For me, most of the interest came from it being interactive.
0 x

User avatar
beanz
Microbot
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 pm
Location: Texas USA

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by beanz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:06 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:02 pm
beanz wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:52 pm
Downloaded and watched this a couple of days ago, obviously being the downloaded "movie" it didn't give me any choices.
How did it work if there were no choices? There are numerous endings for example.

For me, most of the interest came from it being interactive.
I wasn't 100% aware of the choices thing till after I'd seen it and read a few reviews etc of it. It just paused briefly and then continued..I know many scenes replayed when he made a bad decision...(ETA: the cereal choice didn't replay..I guess that wasn't a big deal and just got you used to the choices thing). I don't know if that was in the "movie" or a way to show the different choices but it basically rewound and then fast forwarded to the decision point so it did show several endings. I'd lost interest by then though...it was on but I wasn't really paying attention to it anymore.

If you take out the gimmick it's pretty dull (imo)
0 x

User avatar
beanz
Microbot
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 pm
Location: Texas USA

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by beanz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:10 pm

beanz wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:06 pm
R-Tape wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:02 pm
beanz wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:52 pm
Downloaded and watched this a couple of days ago, obviously being the downloaded "movie" it didn't give me any choices.
How did it work if there were no choices? There are numerous endings for example.

For me, most of the interest came from it being interactive.
I wasn't 100% aware of the choices thing till after I'd seen it and read a few reviews etc of it. It just paused briefly and then continued..I know many scenes replayed when he made a bad decision...(ETA: the cereal choice didn't replay..I guess that wasn't a big deal and just got you used to the choices thing). I don't know if that was in the "movie" or a way to show the different choices but it basically rewound and then fast forwarded to the decision point so it did show several endings. I'd lost interest by then though...it was on but I wasn't really paying attention to it anymore.

If you take out the gimmick it's pretty dull (imo)
Whole thing was about 1hr 45 mins or so long...so I guess you can tell from that if it included all/some of the decisions.
0 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2326
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by R-Tape » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:56 am

Ast A. Moore wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:41 am

I would: Bandersnatch Extra. This is both the audio and the TZX generated from it. (The audio in the film repeats, so this is just the first part.)
Thanks a lot! Can anyone suggest a good name for the ZXDB entry for this? Bandersnatch Extra? Bandersnatch Easter Egg? Tuckersoft QR?

It's got this at the end of the code btw...

Image

:? :|
0 x

User avatar
Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan
Posts: 1128
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by Ast A. Moore » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:53 am

R-Tape wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:56 am
[It's got this at the end of the code btw...

Image
Yes, Matt talks about it in this tweet:
0 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 1245
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by PeterJ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 am

The BBC have an interview with some of the cast this morning at 08:50. I'm sure it will be available on BBC iPlayer afterwards.
0 x

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 2326
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by R-Tape » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:00 pm

And Charlie Brooker is on Radio 4's Front Row tonight.

(in 20 minutes from posting this, after the Archers)
1 x

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 1245
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by PeterJ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 pm

PeterJ wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 am
The BBC have an interview with some of the cast this morning at 08:50. I'm sure it will be available on BBC iPlayer afterwards.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... t-07012019

Starts around 2 hours, 56 minutes

Only available until 09:15 GMT tomorrow.
0 x

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 1245
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Post by PeterJ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:00 pm
And Charlie Brooker is on Radio 4's Front Row tonight.

(in 20 minutes from posting this, after the Archers)
Image
1 x

Post Reply