Little bugs in the database 2

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderators: druellan, pavero

druellan
Dynamite Dan

Re: Little bugs in the database 2

Post by druellan »

Alessandro wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:04 pm Camel Trophy '86:

https://www.spectrumcomputing.co.uk/ent ... _Trophy_86
Confirmed that Giorgio Arcangeli can be removed since it was the Camel Trophy frontman, not part of the development team. Stefano Kulka (author if the text) can be added as coder.
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

StooB wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:25 pm Wec Le Mans

does not appear to have been released in 1988. Earliest review is in Sinclair User February 1989, with the rest in March and the last from The Games Machine (specifically for the C64 and Spectrum versions) in April 1989.
Still outstanding. Date is shown on the HIt Squad inlay as (C) 1989 Imagine Software.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

StooB wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:27 pm
StooB wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:25 pm Wec Le Mans

does not appear to have been released in 1988. Earliest review is in Sinclair User February 1989, with the rest in March and the last from The Games Machine (specifically for the C64 and Spectrum versions) in April 1989.
Still outstanding. Date is shown on the HIt Squad inlay as (C) 1989 Imagine Software.
Thanks! Not sure why that got overlooked. Fixed now.

Note: also, the Spanish release was in 1989.
✓ Reviewed
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

Einar Saukas wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:34 pm
Einar Saukas wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:31 am Should I also list The Citadel of Chaos as #2?
Well, I'm not so sure about this change...

I mean, all these games are based on the Fighting Fantasy series of books. This is the reason these games are listed together under a group called Fighting Fantasy theme.

However they are not a series of games. For instance, the game The Forest of Doom is not supposed to be a sequel to the game The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, or vice-versa.
You've just cost me £40 on eBay! :o
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

StooB wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:07 am
StooB wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:58 am Pete Carter should be added with the role "Inlay/Poster Art"
This Pete Carter is also credited on Incentive's Moon Cresta and should have the roles "Load Screen" and "Inlay/Poster Art" according to the back of the inlay.

This is almost certainly the same person as Peter Carter who is credited with the artwork for Incentive's Confuzion.

✓ Reviewed
Pete Carter and Peter Carter are still listed as different people.

Your Sinclair says "Pete Carter" is Incentive's "regular art-man".

The instructions for Driller credit "Pete Carter" for "Additional Artwork", while a "Peter Carter" is credited for "Additional Artwork & Design" in the instruction booklets for Total Eclipse and Dark Side. They are definitely the same person!
✓ Reviewed
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Yeah, I can see on the MoonCresta Inaly "Cover and loading screen by PETE Carter", and "PETER Carter" on the other titles, pretty sure it is the same person.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

StooB wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:33 pm
The instructions for Driller credit "Pete Carter" for "Additional Artwork", while a "Peter Carter" is credited for "Additional Artwork & Design" in the instruction booklets for Total Eclipse and Dark Side. They are definitely the same person!
The problem I have with this is that, for example, Total Eclipse states "Cover Artwork by Steinar Lund. Additional Artwork & Design by Peter Carter". Sounds to me that Peter did the inbox design and probably that art in the manual, but we are currently not crediting design/manual artwork. Not sure if crediting him for "Poster/Inlay" is accurate.
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

StooB wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:18 am Mini-Putt is not published by Accolade, it's published by Electronic Arts and licenced from Accolade according to the cover (same as The Train: Escape to Normandy).

The cover is also missing/broken and just links back to the same page, but it should look like this:

✓ Reviewed
Mini-Putt is still listed as published by Accolade. It is published by Electronic Arts and licensed from Accolade, just like The Train:

Image Image
✓ Reviewed
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Thanks StooB, looking into it.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

StooB wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:32 pm The Bard's Tale should show the same Licence/Tie-In credit for Interplay that Mindshadow shows.
Someone previously interpreted your post as suggesting that The Bard's Tale was licensed from Interplay's Mindshadow.

However I suppose you meant that The Bard's Tale was licensed from Interplay's The Bard's Tale, in a similar way that Mindshadow was licensed from Interplay's Mindshadow.

Correct?
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

Einar Saukas wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:55 pm However I suppose you meant that The Bard's Tale was licensed from Interplay's The Bard's Tale, in a similar way that Mindshadow was licensed from Interplay's Mindshadow.

Correct?
Correct!
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

StooB wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:20 pm Shadow Skimmer

The re-release on MicroValue should be removed. The Micro Selection was The Edge's budget label.
✓ Reviewed
Shadow Skimmer, originally released by The Edge, was re-released on their own budget label The Micro Selection. There's still no evidence of it ever being released by Tynesoft/MicroValue.
✓ Reviewed
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

StooB wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:42 am Shadow Skimmer, originally released by The Edge, was re-released on their own budget label The Micro Selection. There's still no evidence of it ever being released by Tynesoft/MicroValue.
Thanks Stoob. Checking my notes, it seems that the reason this was unchanged was because at the time an inlay was attached to that particular release, and I did not have the tools to do the fix at that level. But since then I can see the inlay got corrected, so we can remove the release.
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

StooB wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 pm This inlay - StreetHawk_2.jpg - should be moved to the catalogue edition.

✓ Reviewed
druellan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:42 am Well spotted and, yeah, I need help with this one, because is not a matter to reassign the inlay, there is also a full directory structure legacy from the WOS site we need to change, so, because this is going to be overlooked again, I'm going to do the changes in the DB and ping SC team about the directory changes.
✓ Reviewed
@druellan
I've uploaded the catalogue edition inlay to the catalogue edition entry via the preservation tools. It just needs removing from the 1986 entry now.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

@pavero @PeterJ can someone help us with the task above? Thanks!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I think @Einar Saukas needs to to do removals.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

I will handle this!
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Great, thanks Einar!
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

StooB wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 pm Street Hawk - Subscribers Edition
This inlay - StreetHawk_2.jpg - should be moved to the catalogue edition.

✓ Reviewed
StooB wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am Despite being marked as reviewed, this inlay is still listed as a second cover of the 1986 version.

druellan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:42 am Well spotted and, yeah, I need help with this one, because is not a matter to reassign the inlay, there is also a full directory structure legacy from the WOS site we need to change, so, because this is going to be overlooked again, I'm going to do the changes in the DB and ping SC team about the directory changes.
✓ Reviewed
Einar Saukas wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:48 pm I will handle this!

It's still there!