Spectranet

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
SpaceCadetFarley
Drutt

Re: Spectranet

Post by SpaceCadetFarley »

Guesser wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:23 pm It's a .tap file
Ah. Ok. Thank you. I'll give that a go. Cheers!
Hedge1970
Manic Miner

Post by Hedge1970 »

Hedge1970 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:53 pm
Hedge1970 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:21 pm I had thought I’d bought an ZX-HD adapter earlier this week but unfortunately it was a stock error so will have to wait a bit longer to get a crisp image.
So I got the ZX-HD but unfortunately the cloned Spectranet is not compatible with it. Such a shame as it appears to work well in most other scenarios but I am locked in to whatever output I am able to get from composite which varies greatly across my spectrums. Anyway hope this helps someone who may find this in years to come :)
Sorry to reply to such an old thread but I am replying to my own post to say that the cloned spectranet does work with the ZX-HD. I am not sure what I was doing wrong before but I fired it all up yesterday and it just worked.
p13z
Manic Miner

Post by p13z »

Hedge1970 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:56 am Sorry to reply to such an old thread but I am replying to my own post to say that the cloned spectranet does work with the ZX-HD. I am not sure what I was doing wrong before but I fired it all up yesterday and it just worked.
Only takes a speck of dirt to mess any "smart" peripherals up on the old edge connectors. Multiple devices requires a very calm chuntey field.
Hedge1970
Manic Miner

Post by Hedge1970 »

p13z wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:55 pm
Hedge1970 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:56 am Sorry to reply to such an old thread but I am replying to my own post to say that the cloned spectranet does work with the ZX-HD. I am not sure what I was doing wrong before but I fired it all up yesterday and it just worked.
Only takes a speck of dirt to mess any "smart" peripherals up on the old edge connectors. Multiple devices requires a very calm chuntey field.
Hehe yes must have been something like that but hey all good. I’ll be writing my 2022 crap game using it… but first Christmas :-)