What's your second favourite retro computer?

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
Ralf
Dynamite Dan

Re: What's your second favourite retro computer?

Post by Ralf » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:27 am

Actually I didn't own many different models of computers in my life. My first computer was ZX Spectrum, my second computer was already PC.

I have a strong sentiment for PCs from the early 90s. I started from 286, then there was 386, 486, Pentium... At some moment I got Sound Blaster card, later I got my first graphics card and so on. I can mention more PC games from that period than modern PC games.

So I guess old PC is my second retro computer. Just because I had it and I have memories connected to it.
2 x

g0blinish
Microbot

Post by g0blinish » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Atari 65XE was 1st computer i meet.
0 x

stupidget
Manic Miner

Post by stupidget » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Dragon 32 as we had one before we got a 48k rubber keyed beauty.

My dad and me used to spend hours playing Cuthbert goes walkabout, mined out, ugh and Mansion adventure and I seem to remember my finishing Mined Out and Mansion Asventure, with a bit of help from my mum to work out ‘prise door with steel bar’

I think we’d have kept it if it wasn’t for the fact that the TV out port failed on 3 separate machines. Every cloud eh 😀😀
1 x

Turtle_Quality
Berk

Post by Turtle_Quality » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:00 pm

1) Atari VCS - simple graphics but some of the most fun games you can find - combat, maze craze, adventure, warlords...
2) The Amiga had impressive hardware for it's time and a nicely thought out OS
3) The Sam Coupe had great intentions and Miles and Gordon were great guys

Honorable mentions to the Acorn Atom and ZX81 that I first programmed on in '81, both 1K models. Necessity breeds invention. And the IBM mainframes running MVS that I worked with few years, not many games on that platform (though I did write some solitaire games in Rexx) but lots to learn

I also had a QL (learned database programming on QL Archive)

I have never touched a C64, but I'm very tempted to try the new one just released, looks like a classy recreation
0 x
Definition of loop : see loop

Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:17 pm

ZX Spectrum is my second favourite retro computer. First is Amiga 500.
0 x