Your Computer Magazine type-ins not in the archve

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.
Neil Parsons
Berk

Your Computer Magazine type-ins not in the archve

Post by Neil Parsons »

Hi again. How are you people?

I'm actually checking the state of every type-in published inside all Your Computer magazine issues and I noticed that just a few of them aren't still available at SC archive, but published at Jim Grimwood's The Type Fantastic (i.e. Graphics Generator program - available at TTFn in TAP form)

On the other side, so many programs that don't appear to be available at Jim's page are here, and I'm actually collecting them for a personal compilation concerning Your Computer magazine (with almost all issues in PDF actually preserved -from archive.org and other sites- and their ZX Spectrum listings). Accordingly, I'm trying to be in touch with Jim and tell him what I've found.

I'll be watching rest of TTFn' Your Computer list during these hot summer days and in this thread I'll try to update next any further information about another programs not available here that were uploaded at Jim's.

Cheers x
0 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Your Computer Magazine type-ins not in the archve

Post by R-Tape »

Neil Parsons wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:42 am
Hi again. How are you people?
Hi Neil. Okay this end. These may be strange times, but at least I have a higher score than Peter in the Bombjack HiScore challenge*.

We don't have a specific person working purely on type-ins, but there are a lot more coming in. I know @PeterJ has already had some correspondence regarding Jim's stuff, and others for the type fantastic. Might be worth you two having a chat to avoid duplication of effort.

*Sorry Peter, I'll stop :mrgreen:
1 x

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi @Neil Parsons,

Your Computer was my favourite magazine growing up! Others have mainly been working on SInclair User, ZX Computing and Sinclair Programs so please feel free to provide more type-ins. That would be great. It would be useful with each type-in if you could include the issue number and page.

Jim has been unwell of late, so you you may struggle to get hold of him. He does post on WoS occasionally though.

Thanks

Peter

@R-Tape - I'm still trying to improve that dismal score!
1 x

cmal
Berk

Post by cmal »

Your Computer was also my favorite, especially when it comes to type-ins. I spent many hours back in the day typing out those lengthy machine code listings. It always felt so rewarding running the game after a day of solid typing.
One game I never could play is Snakes Alive. I typed it out and it seemed to have a bug in it that caused it to crash almost immediately after starting. After almost a full weekend of typing :(
The version on SC doesn't crash but I can't even do anything in the game before losing a life. Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong?

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.php
0 x

cmal
Berk

Post by cmal »

0 x