Russian ATM Turbo 2+

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Re: Russian ATM Turbo 2+

Post by Alone Coder »

Season of the Sakura fix: https://dropmefiles.com/661150
Runaway City ported to NedoOS with DDp palette! https://dropmefiles.com/tcagQ , new fix фикс https://dropmefiles.com/682310
(18+!)
Russian and English texts are available in both games.

x86 emulator now runs DIGDUG game and CGADOTS demo. ROBOTRON and Last Mission almost work (not completely).
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

x86 emulator runs one more Tetris clone and a new version of Toledo Atomchess:

Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

x86 emulator now runs Digger and "Весёлый маляр"

Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Very nice library, indeed...
Is the software for ATM 2 fully compatible with ZX Evo/TS Conf ?
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Most of ATM 2 software works at ZX Evo/baseconf.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Norduk released Hypnotoad demo https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=89745
Valery Lis added a debugger to x86 emulator in NedoOS.
New BK-0010/11 emulator added. So far it only runs demos from Alexander Tishin, there are bugs if you try to run games.
Transman ported Three Sisters' Story, to NedoOS, with DDp's palette!
Without DDp's palette, it looks this way:

It's a shame that a huge portion of Russian Speccy software is mostly unseen to Western audience, only the Es.pectrum emulator supports the compatibility. (In Russia, we use Unreal Speccy and Xpeccy emulators, also unknown to the West.)
+3code

Post by +3code »

Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:23 pm It's a shame that a huge portion of Russian Speccy software is mostly unseen to Western audience, only the Es.pectrum emulator supports the compatibility. (In Russia, we use Unreal Speccy and Xpeccy emulators, also unknown to the West.)
For the Eastern variations I was using mainly (when Fuse dont will eat it) ZXMak, tnks for the tip.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:23 pm It's a shame that a huge portion of Russian Speccy software is mostly unseen to Western audience, only the Es.pectrum emulator supports the compatibility. (In Russia, we use Unreal Speccy and Xpeccy emulators, also unknown to the West.)
Unknown to whom? ;) I have been using Unreal Speccy for years in order to emulate the ATM Turbo and other "exotic" (to me, anyway) clones. By the way, has there been any progress after version 0.39.0? I have been unable to find a more recent build, for the PC (Windows) in particular since there is an Unreal Speccy for Android which seems to be updated regularly. The latest emul.exe file I hold is dated 12 April 2019.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Alessandro wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:11 pm I have been using Unreal Speccy for years in order to emulate the ATM Turbo and other "exotic" (to me, anyway) clones. By the way, has there been any progress after version 0.39.0? I have been unable to find a more recent build, for the PC (Windows) in particular since there is an Unreal Speccy for Android which seems to be updated regularly. The latest emul.exe file I hold is dated 12 April 2019.
Unreal Speccy is updated here: http://svn.zxevo.ru/log.php?repname=pen ... 2F&isdir=1&
The recent version is also mirrored in NedoOS repository.
Unreal Speccy Portable is a different project, I don't even know how to compile it :)
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Thank you :)

Is there an updated unreal.exe as well? I could not find it in those repositories.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Alessandro wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:37 am Is there an updated unreal.exe as well? I could not find it in those repositories.
emul.exe is compiled here: http://svn.zxevo.ru/listing.php?repname ... d3f5eb9121
You can rename it.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Thanks again [mention]Alone Coder[/mention], I downloaded the executable and INI files from there in fact.

So unreal.exe and emul.exe are the same file after all, or is there a difference between them? That is something I still do not understand :?
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Alessandro wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:15 pm So unreal.exe and emul.exe are the same file after all, or is there a difference between them? That is something I still do not understand :?
This is the same. Unreal Speccy is just a bunch of files you can freely rename :)
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Three Sisters' Story is fixed with added animation and censorship. It includes 2 English translations and one Russian translation.
Sources are also included.
https://dropmefiles.com/682502

cmd can now rename extensions (ren *.ext *.ext2), proc shows the memory used by every task, nv lists pictures faster, and other small changes in NedoOS.
+3code

Post by +3code »

I noticed some bugs while playing Vera (english translation, using Unreal), not sure if I'm the only one.
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

+3code wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:34 pm I noticed some bugs while playing Vera (english translation, using Unreal), not sure if I'm the only one.
You can send bugreports directly to me, via dmitry(d)alonecoder(a)gmail com.
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

Alessandro wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:11 pm
Unknown to whom? ;) I have been using Unreal Speccy for years in order to emulate the ATM Turbo and other "exotic" (to me, anyway) clones.
Yes, Alessandro - unkown to whom? To the vast majority of western users. People like you are an exception, so the point Alone Coder is making is absolutely valid. But I'm afraid this west/east scene "divide" is unlikely to change. This has been discussed before but here goes again ... well, I can only speak from my point of view, but to me those powerful Russian clones simply aren't Spectrums due to their ability to show graphics and sound the original Sinclair/Amstrad machines aren't capable of, so to me it's like a different computer and won't push any "nostalgy button" for me. I know you have a lot of talented people with amazing skills as I used to watch tons of demos.

Then there's the language barrier which doesn't help things. It's a sad fact you're unlikely to get people interested in software that is in a language they neither know nor have a reason to learn. Sure, western people could learn Russian if they wanted, but unless they have a particluar interest, they usually don't. Sorry to state the obvious, it's just the way it is.

I hope you Russians won't get it the wrong way and think it's out of disrespect.
NEO SPECTRUMAN
Microbot

Post by NEO SPECTRUMAN »

XTM wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:24 pm but to me those powerful Russian clones simply aren't Spectrums due to their ability to show graphics and sound the original Sinclair/Amstrad machines aren't capable of
so spectrum next is NOT spectrum at all (Trucco lies! its fpga devboard only !)
check mate f$#!n spectrum next! :mrgreen:
also they stole name from Russians
ZX Next is rare Russian spectrum clone
with x2 z80, 512K and 620x200 video mode
produced in 1993

XTM wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:24 pm I hope you Russians won't get it the wrong way and think it's out of disrespect.
In Russia, Spectrum clones appeared only in the 90s
for Russians 48K, 128K, ATM etc is equally old

at the same time, not all Russians consider an ATM is a Spectrum :mrgreen:
(because they are heretics
but we believe that the fire will save their souls)
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Some timeline to clarify things:

* 1990 - Byte computer was produced, it has 512x192 and CP/M
* September 1990 - the first ad of Hobbit (YS Sep/1990 "Rage Hard!"), it has CP/M
* November 1990 - the first ad of Pentagon 128 (Радио 1990-11 p.30)
* spring of 1991 - the first Profi produced (info from ATM-Turbo's authors, the first Profi ad was published only in 1992 in KiiAInfo), it has 7 MHz (not the first machine to do this, the first one possibly was Novosibirsk's PLM-Avtomatika in 1987), 512x240 (the first version possibly 512x192, as ATM-Turbo's authors say), CP/M, and up to 512K RAM, and since 1994 - IDE controller
* September 1991 - the first ad of ATM-Turbo (Радио 1991-9 p.75), it has 7 MHz, CP/M, 320x200x16, 640x200 multicolor, 512K RAM
* October 1992 - the first ad of ATM-Turbo 2 (Радио 1992-10 p.63), it has 7 MHz, CP/M, 320x200x16, 640x200 multicolor, 80x25 textmode, IDE controller, 512K RAM (Turbo 2+ in 1993 - up to 1M RAM, older boards can be fixed)
* December 1992 - the first known ZS Scorpion 256K produced (the first ad - January 1993 in a book "600 игр для ZX Spectrum"), it has CP/M, since 1994 - 7 MHz
* 1994 - the 3rd edition of "ZX Spectrum and TR-DOS for users and programmers" includes information about 128K handling. In Moscow, a conference of ZX Spectrum compatible computers is held, where 128K is declared the standard
* 1995 - UFO: Enemy Unknown, possibly the first Russian 128K only game. At the time, dozens of ATM-Turbo and Profi games had already existed.
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

if this means ((Russian Speccy) software) and not (Russian (Speccy software)) then "huge" isn't a right word here
Alone Coder wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:38 pm * 1995 - UFO: Enemy Unknown, possibly the first Russian 128K only game. At the time, dozens of ATM-Turbo and Profi games had already existed.
but your own list of ATM games doesn't have even one dozen of pre-95 titles
and only Gobliiins might be in the same league
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Lethargeek wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:32 am but your own list of ATM games doesn't have even one dozen of pre-95 titles
[0. Программа TETRIS (1993) - игровая программа со специальными звуковыми эффектами (ЦАП) и плавным перемещением фигур. (утеряна)]
1. Программа BOMB TETRIS (1993) - аналогична известной игровой программе на IBM PC, с добавлением дополнительных функций и возможностью игры вдвоем (под цвет на точку)
2. Miner (1995) (под цвет на точку)
3. Reversy (1995) (под цвет на точку)
4. Король под горой (1994) (под цвет на точку)
5. Magi Squares (1994-1995) (под цвет на точку)
6. Color Fight (1995) (под цвет на точку)
7. Color Logic (1994) (под цвет на точку)
8. Color Lines (1994) (под цвет на точку)
9. Green Peace (1994) (под цвет на точку)
10. The Hunter (1994) (под цвет на точку)
11. Mine (1994) (под цвет на точку)
12. Gobliiins (1994) (есть две версии под винт/SD-card) (под цвет на точку)
13. Prince of Persia (1993) (есть версия под винт/SD-card) (под цвет на точку)
14. Страна Мифов (1995)

Profi games (most of them <=1995):

Адаптированные непонятно откуда
1)Durant /типа "Перестройка", аналога на АТМ нет, есть аналог под 48K - Perestrojka/
2)Mole
3)Pingvin
4)Wert

Под библиотеку Windows:
1)Breakthru
2)Winminer /на ATM есть аналог - MINER/
3)Wordlife

Color Lines from FRD /аналог Color Lines/Magic Squares?/
Death World
Lode Runner
Mach3
Cad
Piton /на ATM есть аналог под NedoOS/
Sokoban
Superminer /на ATM есть аналог - MINE/
Columns /на ATM есть аналог - Color Logic/
Peepshow
SingleWarrior
Solitair (приличный пасьянс) /запускается в NedoOS под эмулятором z80/
SpaceCommander

6 игр перенесенных с корвета
1)ColorBall /аналог Color Lines/Magic Squares?/
2)Eric /на ATM есть аналог под NedoOS/
3)Express
4)FireRescue
5)Ninjya Kage
6)Xyzolog /теперь есть на 128К, только с другой палитрой/

Professional Tetris /на ATM есть аналог - Bomb Tetris/
Kings'Valley - 2 качественных игры

Игры от Виленского 10 шт. (kolobok, labirint и пр)
Waterfall
PswXonix /на АТМ есть аналоги - Green Peace, XNX/
Xonix /на АТМ есть аналоги - Green Peace, XNX/
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]XTM[/mention] is right that there is a East West divide here as there is with anything which has a language barrier.

The majority of Western Spectrum users grew up with 'normal' Spectrum and they can play all the software they want.

Western consumers in general want to be able to buy a complete item such as a ZXUno, or Spectrum Next. Whilst I understand the feelings that some hold about the Next it's retail packaged, has a lot of documentation etc.

I've looked at the ATM etc, but I just get confused and lost because there is not clear English language manuals or widespread west European support. There is no way for a Western user to purchase a modern Russian alternative to the Next easily. There is not an alternative to Crowd Funding etc.

To succeed and appeal to a wider audience you need a ZXUno equivalent, or one of the popular emulators like Fuse to support it. Maybe work with the ZXUno or Next team to create a well documented core with easily accessible games. If there are some killer games that people will use the platform.

I believe I'm lazy and I'm sure some others will have put in the effect, but when 99.9% of the software I want runs on a regular Spectrum I'm not going to put in the effort.

The closest I get to Russian machines are the TRDOS games like Fire n Ice which is one of my top five games. These games run on a standard Spectrum and that's as far as I'm happy to go.

I hope I don't insult anyone here (If I do, then apologies), and these are very much my personal opinions.

I'm very much in envy of what our Russian friends have achieved, and I love reading about the early days of Russian clones.
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

Lethargeek wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:32 am pre-95 titles
Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 am [0. Программа TETRIS (1993) - игровая программа со специальными звуковыми эффектами (ЦАП) и плавным перемещением фигур. (утеряна)]
1. Программа BOMB TETRIS (1993) - аналогична известной игровой программе на IBM PC, с добавлением дополнительных функций и возможностью игры вдвоем (под цвет на точку)
2. Miner (1995) (под цвет на точку)
3. Reversy (1995) (под цвет на точку)
4. Король под горой (1994) (под цвет на точку)
5. Magi Squares (1994-1995) (под цвет на точку)
6. Color Fight (1995) (под цвет на точку)
7. Color Logic (1994) (под цвет на точку)
8. Color Lines (1994) (под цвет на точку)
9. Green Peace (1994) (под цвет на точку)
10. The Hunter (1994) (под цвет на точку)
11. Mine (1994) (под цвет на точку)
12. Gobliiins (1994) (есть две версии под винт/SD-card) (под цвет на точку)
13. Prince of Persia (1993) (есть версия под винт/SD-card) (под цвет на точку)
14. Страна Мифов (1995)
FTFY
Alone Coder wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 am Profi games (most of them <=1995):
so you don't know?

there may be as well not even two dozens even with profi games
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

PeterJ wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:53 pm The closest I get to Russian machines are the TRDOS games like Fire n Ice which is one of my top five games. These games run on a standard Spectrum and that's as far as I'm happy to go.
this is what i'm calling "speccy software" ;)
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Post by Alone Coder »

Fire'n'Ice doesn't run on a standard Spectrum. It requires 128K with Beta 128 Disk Interface, and its editor requires Scorpion 256K.
Don't troll and you won't get trolled.