ZXBrowser

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
area51bis
Drutt

ZXBrowser

Post by area51bis »

Hello,

I wanted to share with everyone the application I am developing. It's a browser/launcher for Spectrum that allows to explore ZXDB locally and run the games with a single click.

Unfortunately it is a very early version:
- It is only in Spanish.
- Nanual configuration(JSON files).
- Bugs.

The next version (hopefully soon) will bring some improvements:
- English translation.
- Possibility to explore your own local game library.
- SCR support.
- Source code.

Donwload from GitHub

Magnus
Dizzy

Re: ZXBrowser

Post by Magnus »

Very nice work! One issue I found (on Windows 10) was that the download progress bar got stuck even though the download was completed, so I had to force close the window. Looking forward to future versions.
My ZX Spectrum emulator project: https://softspectrum48.weebly.com.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Excellent work [mention]area51bis[/mention]. If you want any volunteers to review the English translation I would be happy to help. Peter
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 am Very nice work! One issue I found (on Windows 10) was that the download progress bar got stuck even though the download was completed, so I had to force close the window. Looking forward to future versions.
This may occur if emulators are not configured. Check the paths in JSON files and add/remove emulators as you want.
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:44 am Excellent work @area51bis. If you want any volunteers to review the English translation I would be happy to help. Peter
Thanks! :)
4thRock
Manic Miner

Post by 4thRock »

Think about adding other languages like Portuguese :D
Of course most Portuguese speakers understand Spanish fine, but it would be nice option.
I can help with the translation.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Oh lawd, seems my prayers to the retro database gods have finally been answered :) All the best!
Magnus
Dizzy

Post by Magnus »

area51bis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 am
Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:20 am Very nice work! One issue I found (on Windows 10) was that the download progress bar got stuck even though the download was completed, so I had to force close the window. Looking forward to future versions.
This may occur if emulators are not configured. Check the paths in JSON files and add/remove emulators as you want.
Emulators are configured and working, but maybe I'm doing something else wrong (seems so since no one else has complained about this :D).
Magnus
Dizzy

Post by Magnus »

Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 pm
area51bis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 am This may occur if emulators are not configured. Check the paths in JSON files and add/remove emulators as you want.
Emulators are configured and working, but maybe I'm doing something else wrong (seems so since no one else has complained about this :D).
Now I noticed that it works fine when I right-click and select "Download". It is when I double click a file, that the progress bar gets stuck.
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 pmNow I noticed that it works fine when I right-click and select "Download". It is when I double click a file, that the progress bar gets stuck.
This is the bug I know when (default) emulator is not configured properly. Maybe there is another one. I'll check it.
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

4thRock wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:58 am Think about adding other languages like Portuguese :D
Of course most Portuguese speakers understand Spanish fine, but it would be nice option.
I can help with the translation.
Sure, no problem.
Magnus
Dizzy

Post by Magnus »

area51bis wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:35 pm
Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:15 pmNow I noticed that it works fine when I right-click and select "Download". It is when I double click a file, that the progress bar gets stuck.
This is the bug I know when (default) emulator is not configured properly. Maybe there is another one. I'll check it.
Yes, you are right! I didn't know that the default emulator wasn't correctly configured (since I could launch programs without problems), but I had referenced the emulator by name instead of id in the default config. Now the problem is gone. Thanks for the hint.
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

Magnus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:46 pmYes, you are right! I didn't know that the default emulator wasn't correctly configured (since I could launch programs without problems), but I had referenced the emulator by name instead of id in the default config. Now the problem is gone. Thanks for the hint.
Good! :)
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

ZXBrowser 0.7 (preview)
area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

ZXBrowser 0.7 is available for download: https://github.com/area51bis/zxbrowser

Enjoy it.

area51bis
Drutt

Post by area51bis »

ZXBrowser 0.8 available for download:
https://github.com/area51bis/zxbrowser/releases

I have little time, so it will be the last version while I'm preparing the next update with something quite interesting (I think).
Spezzi63
Drutt

Post by Spezzi63 »

wonderful, go on ;)
bye for now,
Guenter