Searching based on “Original publisher” and re-release publisher?

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

toot_toot
Manic Miner

Searching based on “Original publisher” and re-release publisher?

Post by toot_toot »

I was wanting to try out some of those great Spanish releases that were converted to English and re-released by a different publisher, for example Army Moves being originally published by Dinamic and “re-released” in English by Imagine. I know there might be a problem with searching for something like “Phantomas” or Rocky which were both re-released with different names (Vampire and Rocco), but could there be a way for searching “Publisher” (as original publisher) and Release Publisher - with “Publisher” say being Dinamic and Release Publisher being Imagine or Codemasters? It would make it so much easier searching for those type of games.

Likewise it could be good for searching for budget re-releases, but for those games that were re-released in different countries with the relevant language modifications,I think this could be a good feature.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Searching based on “Original publisher” and re-release publisher?

Post by PeterJ »

Morning [mention]toot_toot[/mention],

For that level of interrogation of the data you would really need to download the ZXDB database and do some filtering. I think I counted that advanced search already has 29 options, and the more we add the longer the SQL that generates the results takes to run.

Looking ahead I think we should provide for download an Excel or CSV file that anyone can download and filter to their hearts content.

I can try and do something over the weekend for you if you wish, and provide you with a data dump of the appropriate titles in Excel.

Best wishes

Peter