JSW Central YouTube channel

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
jetsetdanny
Dizzy

JSW Central YouTube channel

Post by jetsetdanny »

I am pleased to announce the launch of a new YouTube channel which will complement the information presented on JSW Central. The channel is here. Please visit and subscribe if you find it interesting.

The main aim of the channel is to showcase videos of walkthroughs of Manic Miner (MM) and Jet Set Willy (JSW) games for the ZX Spectrum, keeping high standards of quality.

The videos, made from RZX files (recordings of Spectrum gameplay), will show games completed as smoothly, elegantly and efficiently as possible, aiming to achieve the best completion time (in JSW games) or the highest score (in MM games), with no loss of life if it can be avoided (unless indicated otherwise, e.g. in case of speedruns). The walkthroughs will show the protagonist (Willy, or whoever it is in a given game) moving forward firmly, without hesitation, waste of time or unnecessary moves, taking the shortest, most efficient route possible.

Videos of walkthroughs of MM and JSW games, created from my RZX recordings made using the Rollback feature, are the only content I am planning to upload to the channel in the foreseeable future. I will do my best to update the channel periodically and expand the ‘game solutions database’ it constitutes gradually, alongside updates to JSW Central.

For the time being, I have uploaded 16 videos to the channel (#10 – that’s my little tribute to the hexadecimal numeral system ;) ). They include all of the games from the official Miner Willy canon (Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Jet Set Willy II and Allan Turvey’s excellent conversion of The Perils of Willy) as well as the better part of my JSW game projects.

I would like to thank Paolo Santagostino, the director of the film "WILLY, 48K about a Legend", for letting me use an excerpt from the rendering of the MM in-game music featured in his movie for my opening theme. His YouTube channel is here, his Vimeo channel is here and his Twitter channel is here.

Enjoy! :)
jetsetdanny
Dizzy

Re: JSW Central YouTube channel

Post by jetsetdanny »

The number of videos posted on the JSW Central YouTube channel has now reached 100. This means that I am more than halfway through presenting walkthroughs of what I classify as new Manic Miner/Jet Set Willy games. There are still plenty of them to show, and then there are many versions of MM and JSW that deserve to be presented, too. And then there are other platform games for the ZX Spectrum - so a lot of inspiration for the future development of the channel.

I do plan to add new videos to the channel regularly. So please visit and, if you like it, subscribe 8-) .
NEO SPECTRUMAN
Microbot

Post by NEO SPECTRUMAN »

JSW is not approved by uncle Clive :dance
jetsetdanny
Dizzy

Post by jetsetdanny »

:shock: :shock: :shock: