zx spectrum radio

On the creation of AY or Beeper music, including the packages used to do so.
zxfan

zx spectrum radio

Post by zxfan »

hello everyone,

i was wondering if there is a zx spectrum radio station available anywhere, especially a british one, i did search a bit but did not find any, :?:
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Re: zx spectrum radio

Post by Nitrowing »

This could have been a fantastic way of giving away games back in the 1980's - transmit a game over the airwaves to be recorded by people at home and then loaded!
5MinuteRetro
Manic Miner

Post by 5MinuteRetro »

Nitrowing wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:27 am This could have been a fantastic way of giving away games back in the 1980's - transmit a game over the airwaves to be recorded by people at home and then loaded!
I have no idea how widespread this was but this was certainly a thing in my area (Norfolk) in the early 1980s. Either Radio Norfolk or Radio Broadland (I can’t recall which) had some or other computing-focused show on a Sunday teatime (or thereabouts) that every week would end with a broadcast of screeching that one would be primed to record to cassette for loading into one’s computer.

Trouble is, IIRC, it was only one format per week, so I think the broadcast of Spectrum programs amounted to a handful over a year - if indeed the show even remained on air that long.

The details are inevitably hazy but I do remember clearly this happening. Ring any bells for others?
Retro stuff, real quick
YouTube: http://bit.ly/5MinuteRetro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/5MinuteRetro
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]5MinuteRetro[/mention], yes it was trialled on BBC Radio 4 in the 80s as well. It was also tried on TV as well.

As for 8bit music (not Spectrum specific), you could try this.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1624