Logging Out

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Logging Out

Post by PeterJ »

Hi,

A number of you have made some enquiries about being logged out of the forum, so I have done some digging.

It is worth reading this thread:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2502501

We are set to 60 minutes:

Vampyre
Manic Miner

Re: Logging Out

Post by Vampyre »

Ha ha - that guy who set it to 100 seconds! If ewgf were here he wouldn't stand a chance.
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
MarkRJones1970
Microbot

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I'm still getting logged out, sometimes I barely last 20 seconds.
Then when I try and log in I keep getting "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." when my name and password are correct.
Mark R. Jones

Ex-Ocean Software graphic artist -
Download my FREE PDF 'LOAD DIJ DIJ' (180,000+ words): https://ko-fi.com/i/IG2G3BEJZP
ZX Art page: https://zxart.ee/eng/authors/m/mark-r-jones/
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]MarkRJones1970[/mention],

Please could you trying clearing your browser cache on all devices. Also, could you check you have Remember Me ticked? Cheers.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I appreciate some of you are still having problems. I have read through a number of posts on the phpBB forum and have issues with being logged out, and not being able to login. I have change the cookie setting to SSL. Some modern web browsers also block cookies by default, you would need to add SC as a trusted site.

You will need to delete your cookies.

I'm afraid I'm at my technical limits with this, so if any other phpBB forum admins out there can contribute that would be most welcome.

8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Had the "invalid form" error across multiple browsers (including ones never used for SC before) and multiple devices this morning. Have resorted to a very old ipad to log on a post this... Something can't be quite right. I don't have this issue with other phpbb boards.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Sorry to hear that. I had the same error this morning and had to clear all my cookies.

I've had no issues others have experienced previously.

As mentioned there are not that many settings. If other phpBB forum admins are here please contribute.

The fact you can login with your iPad does suggest something..
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

8BitAG wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:34 am Had the "invalid form" error across multiple browsers (including ones never used for SC before) and multiple devices this morning. Have resorted to a very old ipad to log on a post this... Something can't be quite right. I don't have this issue with other phpbb boards.
I had this error this morning and fixed it by clearing all my cookies.
dfzx
Manic Miner

Post by dfzx »

stupidget wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:06 am
8BitAG wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:34 am Had the "invalid form" error across multiple browsers (including ones never used for SC before) and multiple devices this morning. Have resorted to a very old ipad to log on a post this... Something can't be quite right. I don't have this issue with other phpbb boards.
I had this error this morning and fixed it by clearing all my cookies.
Same here...
Derek Fountain, author of the ZX Spectrum C Programmer's Getting Started Guide and various open source games, hardware and other projects, including an IF1 and ZX Microdrive emulator.
Hedge1970
Manic Miner

Post by Hedge1970 »

dfzx wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:30 am
stupidget wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:06 am I had this error this morning and fixed it by clearing all my cookies.
Same here...
Same here
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

It doesn't stop the logging out issue though.
Sokurah
Manic Miner

Post by Sokurah »

I had a lot of problems with the cookies and logging on, back in the early days, but it has worked perfectly for a long time.
However, this morning I had the problems again.

My solution was this;

I didn't really want to clear all my cookies, but instead of deleting ALL cookies in Chrome when the browser is closed, there is an option to only delete cookies for specific sites. So I added "spectrumcomputing.co.uk" to that list and that works fine ;)
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation & Sqij.
Twitter: Sokurah
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Sokurah wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:59 am [...] there is an option to only delete cookies for specific sites. So I added "spectrumcomputing.co.uk" to that list and that works fine ;)
Thanks for the tip, I could log in by doing that.

I had thought before that Chrome option was just the opposite: mark the sites you don't want the cookies to be cleared :oops:
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

stupidget wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:44 am It doesn't stop the logging out issue though.
According to the post I posted on this thread earlier. The session lasts 60 minutes.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

In the scheme of things, having to manually log back into a Spectrum Forum isn't really high on my list of problems :lol: :lol:
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Same problem here (with Firefox v84.0.2 64-Bit under Win10 x64):

Get error "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." while trying to login with stored credentials.

Have to open a new "Private browsing Window" to be able to login to the forum.

Doesn´t help to press "Delete cookies " at the "Spectrum Computing Forum home" page.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Luzie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:39 pm Same problem here (with Firefox v84.0.2 64-Bit under Win10 x64):

Get error "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." while trying to login with stored credentials.

Doesn´t help to press "Delete cookies " at the "Spectrum Computing Forum home" page.
Hi, deleting cookies seems to work for everyone else who has contacted me. Please also close the browser and re-open.
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

Important unhelpful information (opens in a new accent...) :lol:

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
+3code

Post by +3code »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:53 pm
Luzie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:39 pm Same problem here (with Firefox v84.0.2 64-Bit under Win10 x64):

Hi, deleting cookies seems to work for everyone else who has contacted me. Please also close the browser and re-open.
Uh, thanks for the info, I'm actually using a "Private Window" in Firefox, I had the "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." error too attemping the "Contact Us" form, the "I forgot my password" form and the "Resend activation email" form.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Can you delete cookies and not use a private window please?

You seem to be in now.
+3code

Post by +3code »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:25 pm Can you delete cookies and not use a private window please?

You seem to be in now.
I tried it but not works (using Firefox and K-Meleon).
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

But you must be logged in now?

Sorry, can't help you more. Seems to work for everyone else who had made contact.
+3code

Post by +3code »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm But you must be logged in now?

Sorry, can't help you more. Seems to work for everyone else who had made contact.
Don't Worry, with the Private Window works fine, I will try later in normal mode, perhaps is the cache or so.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

I'm in Brave and just confirmed it is a problem with the cookies. I recommend to check the cookies list, search for spectrumcomputing.co.uk and clear everything, might be more than one cookie. Next restart the browser.
+3code

Post by +3code »

druellan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 pm I'm in Brave and just confirmed it is a problem with the cookies. I recommend to check the cookies list, search for spectrumcomputing.co.uk and clear everything, might be more than one cookie. Next restart the browser.
Yeah, tnks, I've erased all the spectrumcomputing (4) and .spectrumcomputing (8 or so) cookies in K-Meleon and now works all OK, I will see latter with Firefox. Thanks :)